Suspected Worries

~Ship Towards Mission~

Lucci

Lucci knocked at the Director's door, Hattori giving a slight 'Coo~' as well for the idiotic Director to hear. It seems that he couldn't. Lucci narrowed his eyes as he heard yells in the room, from none other than Spandam. With a roll of his eyes, he entered the room and saw that the purple haired man was yelling into the MushiMushi while standing in front of his desk.

"How many times will you guys call?! (Y/N) is in a mission right now!" Spandam yelled, clenching the MushiMushi tightens as a vein wanted to pop out of his temple. Lucci stared and listened, interested in who was on the other line. Although...the Zoan user had his suspicions.

"As long as it takes! Why does it seem that each time that I call, she's in a mission?!" An elder voice answered back in agitation. "Are you working her dry?! And don't yell at a higher officer! You may be the Director of CP9, but I'm a Vice Admiral! Learn respect!"

Spandam clenched his teeth, but Lucci spotted the sweat going down the man's body as he tried to clear his throat. Only to cough loudly. Lucci gazed unimpressed.

"I-I w-w-well of course Vice Admiral Garp! I apologize for my rudeness!" Spandam gave a nervous laugh, Lucci rose an eyebrow at the famous man's name but continued to listen, "B-b-but it's true that Agent (Y/N) has been quite busy every time you c-call. Quite unfortunate actually."

"Really?" The Vice Admiral didn't seem convinced, "She's been busy for six years? That she cannot even be handed the MushiMushi?"

Spandam went tight lipped and didn't know what to say to that, but then his eyes looked up towards the Zoan and his eyes brightened.

"Ah! I need to talk to an Agent for a mission! We will speak later Vice Admiral!" Spandam sang, a smirk on his face.

"Why you little shit—" The Vice Admiral's voice was cut off as Spandam hung up on him with a self satisfied smirk. Lucci didn't miss the slight shakiness of his hands however. Spandam directed his eyes back towards him.

"Sorry Lucci. It was them again...! I swear! Why would a Vice Admiral like Garp want to talk to a pirate's offspring so much anyway?! Even that new Logia user Captain keeps asking! Doesn't make any sense!" The Director ranted, eyes into a scowl as he crossed his arms and went to sit back into his chair. He leaned against his desk, and stared up at him. "What did you come here for? Don't tell me that you lied about the tie, cause I already knew—"

"It's not that," Lucci cut him off with a monotone, causing Spandam to straighten. Probably trying to remain as the 'strong' and 'respected' leader. What a farce. "I came to question you on why you broke the law."

At his bewildered expression and at his questioned 'What?', Lucci elaborated with dark eyes.

"You gave a false assignment report to one of the agents, as well as not stating which pirates we will be attempting to target and eliminate." Lucci paused to take in the sweating Spandam's features, and continued. "That can cost your position here for doing that, not that I care whether or not that happens. I'm just...curious on why you would lie about a mission as important as this."

Spandam closed his eyes and gave a laugh.

"Why? You know why, what does it matter if I lie to scum like (Y/N)?" Spandam sneered, cruelly, "She's going to do the mission anyways! I just left out a few tidbits, I did not lie Agent." Spandam eyes then turned mildly curious as he went to look up at Lucci.

"Why does it matter to you? You never care..." Spandam trailed off, a variety of thoughts flashing through his eyes. Lucci scoffed.