The Mission

Warning: Mature Themes ahead. As well as possible triggers of various types.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

All you heard were screams.

All you saw was blood.

And all you can think of, was how your nightmare held some truth in it.

"Marines don't kill silly girl. Not as much as you anyways...I wonder," Smoker sang, "how many children you've killed?"

Why are there so many kids? So many innocent and oblivious children. Young children. Who had families, parents, dreams of their own. Who hold no sin. They don't even know...they have no idea. Why are there so many...?

They were everywhere.

And not only that, it was the whole island that was suspected, not a village. An island. Spandam lied. That vile, horrible, monster lied.

You and Lucci were expected to eliminate everyone. Everyone. You...can't! You...! You can't even focus on the fact you were trying to find the pirates at the same time.

This...this! You couldn't!

You knew if you did this...instead of being the strongest woman marine you always wanted to be, you would be the one with the most blood on your hands. You didn't want that.

All you would be... is a mindless monster.

"You're nothing but a monstrous pirate who knows how to kill! You've killed so many innocents! Hahaha!"

You couldn't.

You wouldn't.

And when you were faced with a crying child in front of you, them expecting to be killed by you as Lucci effortlessly moved this way and that with Soryu behind you, you lowered your black sword. When you felt a sudden presence behind you, you lifted it again to be met with claws. Your eyes meeting feline dark eyes which were narrowed. You heard the sobbing kid run away from the scene, which you were thankful for.

'No more.'

But, your eyes narrowed like his, you have more pressing matters to attend to. You pushed him back and landed a few feet away from him as he slid back and slowly stopped with his claws from his transformed legs.

"What's this? The pirate's daughter finally showing her true colors?"

You didn't want to flinch, but your hand tightened against the hilt of Karasu's sword at the words you hadn't heard in years. And it was from the person you considered your comrade.

How typical.

Your eyes narrowed at Lucci.

"You know I wouldn't be able to do this. This is not right. This can't be—"

"And I thought you got rid of that naïveté. I was wrong. This is Dark Justice. This island shouldn't have hidden pirates that was owned by the World Government either way. If they just reported them, they would've lived."

You clenched your teeth and bit your lip, like you always did when you wanted to hold back on your words. Your lips split open and blood came down your chin by how hard you were biting them. Lucci looked at it, and smiled wickedly.