Naive?

"Th-thank you again so much , m-miss!" The man you saved from the oasis in the middle of Raindinners sniffled as the gathered crowd stared, a lady putting her hands on his wet shoulders as she too looked teary. "If it weren't for you...those Bananawani would've surely eaten me! Or worse, I could've drowned! Thank you so much, Miss (Y/N)!"

"Yes," the lady behind him cried, "thank you so much, miss (Y/N)!"

You crinkled your nose.

"Don't call me that." You said, still on the ground and wringing your drenched clothes as water drops fell onto the stone walkway leading up to Raindinners. You took off your hat and shook the drops with a grumble. "Just call me (Y/N). Stuff like 'Miss' makes me sound old or something. Man..." your eyes turned to the dropped meat/veggie kabob you were eating a few feet away. "Hah...you gotta learn how to swim, thank me like that. Although swimming down there was pretty great since I got so hot. Really...and those lizards..."

They didn't do much but you never thought as you dove for the citizen that Crocodile loved animals so much to have an aquarium below the casino. What a weirdo.

Unbeknownst to you as you focused on drying your hat, the crowd had looks of fear and awe in their faces. Your senses twitching but you didn't turn around as you placed your hat back on your head, turning it towards the newcomer that was shadowing you from the dreadful sun.

"S-its Sir Crocodile-sama!"

Oh man. You glanced at the civilians and their hands together with their expressions.

"Ah, Sir Crocodile-sama, s-sorry that we're gathering around here. We were just—"

You're pretty sure having being called sir and sama is just too over the top.

"Sorry, Sir Crocodile-sama. I—I fell into the water and—"

Silver eyes moved towards the crowd, immediately making everyone silence as dull eyes met your cross legged form below him.

"You're drenched."

You rose a brow.

"Nice observation. I have one too," The side of your lips lifted, "the 'Sir' makes you sound old. And having your eyes brows like that isn't doing you any favors."

The crowd turned pale, more stutters occurring and then apologizing out their mouths as they said they didn't mean to insinuate anything about Crocodile but the man just gave a bland reply.

"The wet dog look isn't helping you either." The man's own lips lifted into that mocking grin when your own lips fell, your eyes narrowing. "And the sir is out of respect. Which you clearly lack. But what I want to know is how you made such a mess of yourself already without any help."

Your brows furrowed at his tone at the end.

You can't tell if he meant something else...

Nonetheless, the man you saved spoke for you that he fell and you helped him due to your kindness and blah, blah, blah.

You giving him a dismissive wave when he thanked you once more, you saying once more that he needs to learn how to swim for that not to happen again. You looking back at Crocodile and stating he should add railings in this pathway to avoid this happening again, although you admit that the path is quite wide enough to not risk falling into the water. You turning towards the man's wife you assume and asking bluntly if he's a klutz. The man just bowing with depressed tears coming down his face. Only for it to increase when Crocodile replied impassively that he won't waste money on railings, those who cross the path should know to walk through the middle. You agreeing with a serious nod and affirmation on your lips before adding to the crying man he should not have his wife work so hard.