The Harsh Truth

"No...! It never would've happened (Y/N)!"

You froze, your eyes wide as Garp continued. Smoker sucked a breath in shock as well, able to hear the famous marine.

"But...when I saw a young girl striving to be the strongest marine, I had to step in. You were working hard, training constantly for that dream, that I had to find a way for you to get in despite your blood. It's true..." Garp's eyes tightened. "The marines accepted you because of my famous accomplishments...if I wasn't the one that trained and personally backed you up..." Garp clenched his fists as he looked at his once student's face, but he has to say it.

"You never would have been a marine!!"

Your eyes widened once again, as the dread in your gut finally fell all the way down, down, down.

You...you were never meant to be a marine...? But...you proved it to them...you were loyal. You did everything they asked! You followed every order that they spouted with a controlled tongue.

You fought hard. You caught pirates. You defeated them. You...

'I did everything for them.'

You gritted your teeth, eyes shadowed by your cap as you wallowed in pitiful despair.

"Then...then what was the reason for sending me to Cipher Pol?! I didn't prove anything to the marines that I was loyal and strong...?! That...you guys sent me there to help more and get closer to my dream?!" You cried out, desperate. Hurt in your eyes as your fists shook with emotion.

Garp swallowed. "You were...showing a lot of potential (Y/N). So much potential that...the World Government couldn't look away from you any longer..." He said slowly. Everything he was saying was truth, his student that he sees as a granddaughter was strong. It looked like she had no limit in strength, only her getting stronger and stronger to get to her dream. Always training out on the deck in his ship or on the field by herself with many training dummies. Her goal was to be the strongest, but the Government couldn't have that.

Mihawk's eyes narrowed at the wording, the other two Warlords past and present realized the same thing.

'The World Government was scared of her?'

Crocodile scoffed as Doflamingo chuckled in amusement at such a thing.

"The World Government then decided your strength can be useful, if watched closely. So they sent you to the Cipher Pol unit, so you can truly serve in the name of 'Justice' in the shadows while being monitored for any...misbehavior." Garp squeezed out.

Your eyes bulged in anger.

They were scared?! Those little pissy government dogs were scared of a teenager?!

Justice?! What is Justice?!

What does that even mean?!

What does Justice even mean anymore?!

No matter, your fears came true...you were only sent to Cipher Pol to be watched. Monitored. And leashed with an iron fist with a tight collar around your throat. Like a dog.

You...

You felt your nails dig into the skin of your hands, blood slowly coming down onto the ground from the self inflicted wound. Garp watched with pained eyes.

"You should've listened to me (Y/N)...you could've refused the offer." He said with a furrow to his brow and a tight voice.

You swallowed.

You could've...?

No...the government would've found a way. They will do anything for their goals. That's how they are. They are cruel. Harsh. And just ruthless. So ruthless.