Bite

It's been a few days since you've been stuck here, doing and rebuilding the galleon you broke due to Hattori dropping multiple deuces on you. Since deuce means two and he dropped more than two, what do you call it than? Would it instead be trois?

You don't really know.

But the people of Water 7 are pretty funny, outside the ones you already know and aren't really from here.

Tilestone, the large bearded foreman, seems really eager for a strength competition with you when he noticed how easily you can carry multiple logs on your shoulder when transporting it for the galleon. He's pretty loud too, which you can understand somewhat since you're not exactly quiet yourself, but his voice seems to boom each time he speaks. He also looks angry all the time, but you think that's just his face. You know plenty of others that look like they're scowling or calm all the time—they should get that checked out you think sometimes but one can't change their face.

Lulu, with glasses on his face and a problem with his hair, you would want to help out. His hair keeps sticking out no matter how many times he fixes it. You think you cutting it would help but he seemed nervous when you offered with Karasu out and near his head that his hair just does that. When you pointed out with brows furrowed that he looks like a unicorn right now with Paulie snorting in the background at that, Lulu merely fixed it only for the spike to end up to the back of his head. You burst out laughing as you pointed that it looks like a mullet now with Lulu merely saying blankly with crossed arms that he wears his bad hair with pride and so you just left him alone after that.

Of course you had Paulie soon yelling at you again about your clothes, your blouse now cleaned, and decided to mess with him by throwing it at him leaving you in your tank top only for him to get more red and smoke come out his ears as he waved his arms and stomped his feet at you. Only for his face to somehow look funnier when you put a hand casually on his shoulder or around him!

He's too funny!

He's a pretty nice guy too, despite his noisy complaints that you just brushed off and decided to tease him instead. After your first day and moving onto the next, he got concerned about which motel you're staying at since some aren't worth the money and can be in pretty bad parts of Water 7. Only to grow even more concerned when you said you slept at your boat.

"What are you? You can't sleep on that boat like that. I don't know how you sleep on it out in sea but a real bed is better," Paulie explained between his cigar, his brows furrowed as he stared down at you. "You have to be in top form if you're going to be helping us around here."

You didn't want to risk the slightest chance of your boat getting destroyed by the CP9 people here, but you explained you heard of the demolition workers here. Paulie shaking his head at you and explaining that you shouldn't sleep out like that, as well as saying your boat won't satisfy them in parts anyways. Kaku adding with a smile that no one would mess with you here either way, you reading through his words that you're already stuck here and their mission is more important than capturing you at the moment.

After only another three days of you sleeping at your boat, Paulie and Kaku pointing out to you which motels are better constantly with Lucci as well during a break while you were alone and walking, the raven head nodding at the one near Blueno's Bar with clear meaning in his eyes—did you finally decide that staying at a motel would be fine. You also had a weird wake up call once on your boat, weird tools around you as you scratched your head in confusion.

You ended up with the one near Blueno's Bar. You know they can't do anything to you, but they may be concerned about your whereabouts or what you may say when it comes to their mission. You still don't really care though. They're just doing information retrieval it seems, so no harm done. You don't think they know that though, which eh. You don't care.