Farewell Party

Apparently some pirates don't learn, but you didn't have to lend a hand in beatings like what you did with Kaku. The Galley La men you learned were capable with the strength they had. Tilestone would make sure no one would forget it either.

The days would blur with everyone, you still feeling odd when Lucci called your name and you still jumping Paulie at times. No matter what he did that night, his reactions are still funny and the same. Maybe even funnier because sometimes he would grab your shoulders and push you back, yelling at you to stop doing this and you can't be this shameless with anyone.

You don't know why everybody keeps saying that...not the shameless part. That's new.

Kaku seeming to go back to how he was before, less distant and drawing you closer if needed when he had to point something out to you for the ship. He even dropped the -san! Which made you happy, you really don't like having -san at the end of your name. Too distant and formal.

Of course you would call out Iceburg when needed, being met with a kick to the face you would dodge or block by Kalifa as you just smirked as you said she had to be quicker than that with Kalifa just huffing and turning away. While saying such a joke is sexual harassment. Making your brows knit together as the foremen froze then broke into surprised laughter as you stated slowly you didn't make a joke. Almost in sync, Kaku, Paulie, and Lucci stated for you to not worry about it.

The fact that Lucci said it just made you even more curious.

You still looked at his beer oddly when they went to Blueno's. It's just...too weird.

You felt him doing the same to you whenever you would share a story to the others.

"You...rode a Sea King?"

"Well," you leaned a hand to your cheek, eyes gleaming. "Basically. I more like hitched a ride. Managed to tie a rope to one of its horns or fin things and just rode like a breeze."

"Really?" Paulie looked at you, doubtful.

"...not exactly a breeze but close enough." You released a laugh than, short. "Not close enough either. It threw me off hard and I basically made a dent to this island's pier. Having a bunch of people over me wondering how I basically just teleported."

"Coo! You sound like you were close to death. Not many could land unscathed." Lucci stared at you, assessing. Must be concerned since you said only he can take your life or whatever he decides.

You waved a hand dismissively.

"That's not the closest I've been to dying at all."

"That's not something to be proud of, (Y/N)." Kaku said, smile faltering.

"Not exactly proud, but hey. The seas are dangerous. I just have to make sure I catch up to that level. Anyways, there was this other time when there were red bananas that tasted like vanilla—"

The World Government would come by, you having to hide as the agents they sent to Iceburg to talk about whatever they need from making you bored until they left.

You think one of the funniest things though, was when you were walking towards the shipyard to be ready for the day. Only to hear a racket coming from the high bridge above you, noting that Paulie was being chased by loan sharks.