Master and Savior

You stared below your feet at the white salty crystals that showed your reflection, the reflection showing your face despite the salt underneath your feet was just that. Salt.

The clouds were over you, white and grand and fluffy with the sky a pure blue. And the crystals below you reflected that as well—like a mirror. Or an edge really.

The salt being stretched for miles everywhere you looked—all you saw was white and white reflecting the sky's blue and fluffy clouds.

As well as you making faces at the ground, squatting down and leaning your face down towards the flat salty ground below you.

You don't really know why you decided to leave the Red Haired pirates campsite for a bit to travel the land by your lonesome, you love the crew's cheer and loud songs with alcohol always seeming to drip around everywhere somehow. Yasopp's pride as a father about his son and a childhood of the East Blue, brave members of the crew trying to out eat Lucky Roux(you tried once with your favorite dish, you got up to seven before you had to quit before you threw up as a release for the explosion wanting to release from your body. A bite still halfway down your throat and a laughing Shanks having to pat your back strongly for you to finally swallow from surprise due to your nearly spitting at Lucky's victorious face), and Benn being the calmest and practically the babysitter even though he laughs at the others antics. And Shanks...

Well...

You thought of the feeling of the heat of the sun on your cheeks. The ray's washing over you brightly in a way sometimes that can make you squint from the brightness.

Shanks.

Maybe you do know why you separated from them for a bit.

Your face paused in thought, your tongue still out as you stared at yourself with quite an odd expression on your face. Staring at the reflection that stared back, moving to touch the rim of your marine cap and watching as the one below followed the movement as you stared at your pensive (e/c) eyes and your scarred left cheek. Kuroi ten'nosabaki dark metal reflecting with the sun behind your back as if in an echo with Karasu on your hip merely glinting yet silent.

How did you get to know someone like—

"Don't eat the salt," you leaned forward in surprise, your hand somehow making your hat slip off your head as you met a face full of salt. "Oh, too late I see! Dahahaha! What are you doing all the way here by yourself?"

You sat up, spitting out salt from your mouth with your eyes squinted to oblivion as you swiped your face. Shanks getting closer to you with a smile, arm casually leaning against his sword Gryphon on his hip.

"You're making that face you make when you wake up when our favorite primate decides to do his morning jumping on our backs," Shanks teased with a laugh as you flushed, remnants of salt still around your mouth as he moved and stood over you. "Your eyes are practically gone you know. Guess you didn't see the salt, eh?"

He laughed, and you would've laughed with him if you weren't so surprised at his presence. You must've been too in your thoughts to sense him. Also, what he said was embarrassing!

You make ugly faces when you just wake up!

"S-Shanks, be quiet! My eyes aren't that bad when I wake up... a-and you just surprised me! I wasn't thinking of eating the salt!"

Shanks made a doubtful face, playful.

"You sure?"

"...it does taste quite salty."