One Last Time

When you arrived to Dock One, it was when a pile of what seemed to be like Pirates injured and groaning on the floor as you walked up. The pirates blocking from going further in.

You asked a passing foremen, who's eyes brightened at seeing you once more.

"Why, if it isn't (Y/N)! Can't get enough of us can you?" You smiled at the man's tease, him pausing from moving the log on his shoulder to stare down at the pile in disdain. "Idiots thought they can escape their pay from us. Ha! As if we craftsman take any crap like that laying down! If you want to see everybody though, you can try the back entrance since these bodies are in the way."

"Nah," you said, nonchalantly walking on the bodies as one groaned loudly and making other foremen turn their heads at the irritating sound only to see what you were doing. "This is fine. If they wanna be trash, let them commit fully."

"How ruthless!" The foremen said with wide eyes as you blinked, stopping at the captain's body and pointing at your chest with a small pout.

"Eh? That's not nice."

"YOU ARENT EITHER!" They replied loudly, but with smiles and laughter as you just scratched the back of your head.

Kaku turned from his work with his chisels, before smiling at seeing what the commotion was about.

"(Y/N)!" You waved at him from your chosen spot, not minding how said chosen spot is currently breathing hard and twitching excessively. Kaku noting it as he drew closer, releasing a huff from his long square nose. "I see you have been told what occurred. Although maybe it's wise to get off the misbehaving customers."

"Nah."

Kaku's smile twitched a bit more at that before he asked what you were doing here, you replying that you're going to do your final goodbyes now before heading out. At this point, Lucci turned the corner with a hammer and spotted you along with a complaining Paulie that he needs someone to cover him for lunch since he has no money and come on! He buys them drinks all the time, Lucci replying blandly through Hattori he never asked him to with Paulie immediately lifting his jacket sleeves and asking if he wants to fight. Only for Lucci's eyes to turn and stay to the side, ignoring Paulie as the blond scowled.

What's his problem? What is he even looking— Paulie turned to see himself, eyes widening as the hold of his cigar loosened at seeing you speaking easily with Kaku and the others casually. Tilestone loudly proclaiming for one final challenge of an arm wrestle with you declining you don't got time but maybe another day. (Y/N) is here...?!  Thought that woman would've left by now. Is she staying for Aqua Laguna after all?

"Coo! Take that foolish look off your face, oaf." Paulie's hopeful expression immediately turned to a scowl as his eyes went towards Lucci, who had his dark eyes narrowed at him. Except... Paulie blinked at how sharp it looked before Lucci turned his eyes back towards you—ARE YOU ON TOP OF THOSE PIRATES BODIES?! "She's not staying. She clearly has somewhere to be."

What's his problem?

Paulie's eyes narrowed at Lucci who was watching silently as the body under you moved his hand to grab your ankle, only for you to step on it as you get off as the pirate fainted once more due to the pain. You saying that trash should stay down while the foremen called local officials over to take said pirates to jail. Hattori cooing at the scene while Lucci's eyes seemed to glint for a mere moment before disappearing.

Paulie was aware that Lucci acted a little weirdly to you—honestly his shit head nature seemed to just take a different form with you compared to the blond's.

Still...something's off.

And Paulie isn't sure he likes it. He felt his mouth twist around his cigar, tight and about to say something only to nearly fall over. Familiar arms around his shoulders and him immediately flushing at who it was, even before you backed your head away with a mischievous grin. Dark eyes behind you assessing before turning away.