The Lizard

"Are you sure you guys aren't related? Cause I swear both of you know seem to be in sync with the whole," you waved a hand to your face quickly, causing your casual expression turn to a serious and expressionless one, then waved it back over to your own one,"thing you've got going on."

You leaned against the railing next to the cannon Crocodile was sitting on, Mr. 1 being on the other side of the cannon gazing at nothing as he stood. You were hoping you can distract yourself from your dark thoughts to enter your mind so you decided to sit closer to the once Warlord and talk to him to death. All he's been doing was smoking his cigar as he let you basically talk to yourself as he only sometimes glanced down from his position and gave low grunts. Mr. 1 said nothing and did nothing the whole time, making you frown as you leaned forward to look at him.

"Do you talk? Of course you do, but something that's more than five words?" You asked with a raised eyebrow. You spotted him glance upward towards Crocodile, seeming to ask for permission, making you frown once Crocodile gave a small nod and Mr. 1 giving a "Yes."

You furrowed your brows. "Hey, you don't have to ask for permission to talk to me you know." You said, this time, Crocodile actually spoke.

"He's my subordinate Silver Blood, of course he has to ask for my permission." Crocodile said, not even bothering to look at you as he answered for Mr. 1 otherwise known as Daz. You raised your head to look at the sand man, eyes slightly narrowed. "Well then, I give him permission to talk to me. I after all, am talking about him." Mr. 1 slightly widened his eyes and then looked up at Crocodile once more, but Crocodile was paying him no attention as he finally looked down at you.

"You don't have authority over him." You narrowed your eyes once more up at him. "Oh yeah? Would the same thing apply to Mr. 3?" Crocodile brows furrowed.

"What does that fool have to do with anything?" He questioned with his low voice.

You stopped leaning against the railing, "I don't know. Let me go ask him." You said as you quickly walked away to go find Mr.3, ignoring how Crocodile lowly called your name. You found the man observing Buggy take command and delight as he talked to the prisoners. You called out to him, making the man jump as he looked over at you and started sweating nervously as he greeted you and casually asked on where was Mr. Crocodile. You tilted your head in suspicion.

This confirms it. Because of this so called rumor between you and Crocodile, Mr. 3 and Mr. 1 are trying to distance themselves from you to not 'disrespect' him.

"You need to tell me straight up Mr. 3, who started the rumor within Baroque Works." Mr. 3 widened his eyes.

"How did you know?!"

"Mr.2 kindly informed me of that fact. Now, answer me. I need to know."

Mr. 3 rubbed the back of his neck as he but his lip in thought. "A-ah, well...it was just something that everyone thought. B-Boss was sometimes seen with you by subordinates so I-I guess that's how it started?" You crossed your arms as you looked at the man.

"That doesn't explain why you want to keep your distance from me. Answer it directly. Which part of the subordinates? The lower ones? The middle?" Mr. 3 stuttered out an answer, crying within himself as he thought that he's going to die.

"...w-well it seemed to be t-the higher ups S-Silver Blood." He swallowed as he looked up at you only to widen his eyes as he saw your expression turn blank, then rage, then flustered, then rage again.