Your Savior

"Okubyoukaze Ni Fukakerya Saigo(If you lose your nerve, this may be your last breath.)

Asu No Asahi Ga Hai No Hashi(But if you hold on, the morning sun will rise!)"

You felt warm.

You opened your eyes, only to find yourself on the beach shore. The sand scratching your hands, and the sun going down directly on your face. You squinted from the powerful rays, having to cover your eyes with a hand. Then...a face appeared, covering the sun.

But somehow...they still felt like the sun. The face was smiling at you, it was so bright...their arm was touching your shoulder with a soothing touch. You wanted to lean in and just sigh.

So warm...

Are you allowed to feel this warm...?

The moment was ruined when a wave came over you and splashed you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You awoke to the smell of the sea and damp wood, your eyes opening to a foreign ceiling with your hat not on your head which immediately made you sit up to grab your blade which wasn't on you, only for you to wince and give a low grunt of pain.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." A smooth voice by the doorway said with a smile as he strode to your cautious form. Your mind telling you that this man was familiar and you should be on high alert, but your shoulders seemed to relax slightly as the man brought a chair to sit next to you. A feeling in your chest went through you, a nice feeling. Something you didn't understand.

"If you're wondering, you're on a ship in the doctor's cabin. He treated you of your poison. We picked you up when those marines left you—"

Oh yeah. They left you.

Because you were nothing but a pirate's offspring who defied orders from your 'superior'.

"—the poison was strong stuff, I'm surprised you're even alive from what the doctor said."

Your hands tightened around the bed sheets as your hair hid your bowed head.

"I can't die." You mumbled.

"Hm? What was that? Sorry, I couldn't hear you." The man said with an easy smile and carefree tone.

"I can't die. I have a dream." You said louder, your head raising up to look at the handsome man who seemed to blink his eyes in surprise at your claim but smiled nonetheless. You think his smile got wider when you said that.

"Oh? And what is it if I may ask?"

You opened your mouth, and then closed it and looked away.

Do you want to be the strongest woman marine anymore? Is that what you really want? Truly? From what you've seen the past few years, you don't think it is.

You don't want to be associated with people who believed in such a thing as 'Dark Justice'. Or people who led the same way that Spandam did.

You've proven you've been the strongest so far, but to you, it means that you wouldn't have these two bloody red hands in front of you. These red, red, dirty hands. No. That's not your definition of strong.

Just a monster.

"What do you think of good and bad?" You spouted out a question without realizing it, and when you thought the man wouldn't answer because of how random it was, he did.