Scarred Promises

When you arrived at the door to the Director's office, you knocked with eyes still hidden. Your shoulders lax, with hands in the pockes of your pants. A muffled 'Come in' was heard, and you knew that there was one occupant too many.

Rob Lucci.

You didn't want him here. But what can you do. There's no controlling that man, but you hope that he uses that cream you left on his doorstep at least.

You were met with a too arrogant Spandam and a quiet Lucci, with an equally quiet Hattori as you walked in and closed the door behind you.

"Ah~ (Y/N)! Finally! Now, what do you have to say to yourself?" Spandam spoke with a sadistic smile as he walked towards your still form and stopped a few feet in front of you. The both of you were in the middle of his office, while Lucci stood close to Spandam's desk that was to the side of the room. Only observing, silent.

"Well? What is it? I can't hear you?" Spandam had his hand circled around his ear in mockery so he can hear 'better.'

"Ah...well, you see..."You began as you took your hands out from your pockets. Preparing yourself to give him what he wants.

"Come on, come on, hurry up. I don't have all night. I got to—" a sudden force punched his chin painfully to the right, causing him to seem to do the twirls in the air as he went through a wall. A solid wall. The wall he's been practically screaming at you to use to smash his face in.

"Ah, sorry not sorry. That's what I wanted to say."

You felt Lucci's eyes on you but you only gave him a quick glance and went back to watching Spandam struggle to get out from the wall. When he did, he held a hand to his jaw and pointed his other shaking one at you.

"Youffgg!"

You smirked, triumphant.

"Finally, I broke that disgusting jaw that seemed to move too much. I must be doing a world a favor. Actually, scratch that. I believe the whole universe was begging for this to happen, maybe this time your jaw will actually stay broken so you can't open your loud mouth anymore."

Spandam's face reddened as he sputtered nonsense that couldn't be understood.

"Sorry, but Lucci won't be able to understand you. So he can't exactly heed your orders right now." You said coldly.

"That may be true," Lucci spoke for the first time, and you finally looked at him,"but, may I ask on why you're doing this? You do realize what will happen as a result." He said matter of factly, his dark eyes not moving from yours. Searching, analyzing.

"Ah well, you see, I was hoping that you would figure that out once I was supposed to run from this place and get out to sea. But you delayed me by two minutes. Such a bad kitty."

His eyes narrowed but then his famous sadistic smile broke out.

"So, you'll become a pirate? Is that what you're saying? The pirates offspring is willing to be a disgusting pirate herself?" You didn't miss how despite his expression, his eyes held a flicker of disappointment. As well as...perhaps even empathy. You shook the thought away as it came, impossible for it to be so.

"Well, I didn't say that. But it's better then being a marine justifying his cruel actions because of 'Justice'."

You replied cheekily. Lucci's eyes narrowed.

"Since when have you been so openly cheeky? Hiding behind a facade have we? When did that mask fall for others to see?"

"Hehe, since a stranger saved me instead of a comrade. And I actually like how I always was before to be honest." You were unaware of how Lucci's eyes flash from how you said a stranger saved you, with great admiration and reverence. The CP9 agent's mind swirled at possibilities as to why you sounded like that, while you tried to not look into what Lucci might've meant by his question. You were more open to him than everyone here.