Find Yourself Before You Search

"I will take two blue shirts! The art of the panda is different than the others. So nice!"

"Alright. Here ya go and here's your change. Please come back soon."

"I will take the apron and oh! There's toys! I'm taking a Doskoi Panda stuffed toy too for my nieces and nephews. Wahhh! So soft!"

"They really are high quality around here! So fluffy! No wonder they're so expensive."

"Okay, got it. Here's your change and please come back soon." You say for probably the hundredth time, Doskoi Panda work apron on you as you work behind the counter of the Doskoi Panda brand store. 

"Hai, Hai, we will!"

You put a hand up in a lazy wave as the customers left only to get more immediately. Talking about this or that products, shoes, toys, shirts, pants, cooking supplies—it didn't matter cause Doskoi Panda sold it all in their home base of Mirrorball Island. The island infamous for its wild parties and extravagant night life, the perfect combination to make pirates and marines to come and enjoy the festive island.

Although on the outside, you're politely helping out with customers and guiding them to the best of your ability(you're not an expert in fashion by any means. You point out the comfier looking clothes to customers out of anything else), inside you're shouting and cursing and kicking imaginary objects.

This wasn't supposed to happen! You internally bemoaned, a frustrated growl within your mind. I should be in the Grand Line by now at least!

But it was your fault.

It didn't take long soon after you set sail from where the Red-Haired pirates were situated as well as the World's Greatest Swordsman to realize you have no idea where you're going. More specifically, you were in such an adrenaline high as you were using your feet to kick the water to make your boat go faster until you reached an island for supplies you forgot to get with everyone there, that it hit you.

You don't have the island's name.

You weren't paying much attention to the islands around where the Sea King threw you.

The Worlds Greatest Swordsman saw it while it was happening.

Lost as you were in your own mistakes as you walked through the town of Mirroball, annoyance and humiliation a mix within you as you once again moved ahead without pausing to think and plan, fresh the incident of you leaving Enies Lobby with barely any money, you reached a head and couldn't help kicking a stray rock in the street. Full force. Towards an unsuspecting store that got an equal unsuspecting makeover, except the makeover was more like "destroy over" with how the rock bounced from chipping and making a hole in the wall, traveling inside the store and making dents throughout the walls inside, going through the window up in the storefront, to moving to one beam that held the store together only for it to crack and break to the floor, back to another piece of a wall making another a full hole go through it and the rock racing within the store to finally escape through a window.

You stared along with the townspeople at the damage, the dancing and singing coming to a standstill as a stray piece of debris fell to the floor.

They all stared at you.

And as the owner came out yelling, eyes out of their head but surprisingly unscathed, pointing at you and shouting, you could only stare resigned with drooped shoulders and a harsh face palm. You couldn't help the equally resigned laugh coming out either, which only made the owner angrier.

You couldn't control it.

Just my luck, you thought, before offering the man the money you made from selling some of Karé's spices. The man's eyes widening at the amount before adding with a frown that you shouldn't get off this easy and told you you'll help fix the store up as well as become an employee till he deems it so. You accepted it. You really destroyed the main store of Doskoi Panda. You're surprised you managed to scrounge up enough money to help fix the store. And besides, you asked the man if you can get paid as you work, at least a little. As he counted the belí you gave him, he begrudgingly accepted. Muttering to himself how he hit the jackpot and you gave him more than needed outside of your earshot.