Warlord's Eyes

"Was my dream when I was younger, to become the strongest woman marine in the world...it never would have happened?! Was that dream purely impossible?!"

Mihawk looked at (Y/N), a slight frown on his face as he stood with the other Warlords. From what he remembers, the first time he met her she spouted her dream about becoming the strongest woman in the world. Nothing to do with being a marine. Although, he met her shortly before she defected to become a pirate.

"I'm going to be the strongest woman in the world!" The young marine before him said with confidence, no fear as she faced the three Shichibukai.

She must've gotten this new dream around the time he and the others met her. And if she is just as much prideful and confident in her new dream, he can only imagine in the old one.

Doflamingo rose a curious eyebrow at the once marine. It makes sense to him. A woman like her must've had that dream once, and although she didn't share much of her past with anyone, he managed to get something from her one day when he so happened to be in another island for business. He caught sight of her by one of the small villages, walking around, only for him to ruin the calm for her. She was annoyed. Irritated. As well as angered as she cursed at him while he managed to sneak in a kiss on her neck. Causing her to blush. He allowed a hit to his skull from her fist, knowing she wouldn't seriously injure him. For the most part. Afterwords, they walked, her significantly away. He was staring at her Marine cap for a while and decided to question to her about it. When he mentioned it, he caught her fond smile as she touched it with gentle care.

"Ah...I may not be a marine anymore, but I worked hard to get where I was. This hat has seen all the work I went through, as well as holding memories for me..." She said softly, like she was sharing a secret to him.
(Y/N)'s eyes then narrowed into a glare as she looked at him suspiciously.

"Oi, why the sudden question? If you're trying to distract me I'll kick your butt!" She yelled out, causing some onlookers to glance at them in slight concern as he only laughed off her accusation.

That hat she wears on her head, signifies everything she did as a marine. If in the end it meant nothing...Doflamingo's grin widened.

Crocodile's face gave away nothing as he heard Silver Blood's yells. His brow only furrowed at the last sentence she said. About her old dream being an impossibility when she was a marine. Crocodile has always mocked her about her dream, every time she says it he replied with a retort.

"Chasing a dream is a fool's path. Power is everything in this world Silver Blood." He said dryly one day when she spotted him.

The young woman openly glared at him.

"I'm no fool! And dreams aren't foolish, I'll never give up! I swear on my treasure." She said as she touched at the worn Marine cap on her head. Crocodile rose an eyebrow.

"That trash? Why do you keep wearing such a thing when you're a pirate now?" Silver Blood bristled at the word trash, but paused as she rubbed the rim of her cap with care. He wasn't able to see her eyes, but the scarred man saw her lips form a small smile. Causing him to breathe through his nose in surprise at the expression. And his eyes to widen.

"Like I said, it's my treasure."

Crocodile used to be as much of a fool as she is. Chasing a dream in his youth, only to stop once reality smacked him in the face. To be Pirate King. He scoffs at such things as dreams now, but he is aware on how important it is for Gin Chi. She's always spouting it like a broken record.

But right now, she is talking like how he was in his youth. Thinking that their dream might be impossible. Is impossible. Unrealistic. It surprises him.