Questions Unanswered

Too many things happened too quickly, you thought, as you tried to scale the wall and see how far you had to jump to reach the other side. The side where Ace is.

Pacifistas came and began attacking the Whitebeard pirates from behind, marines seeming not to care if some allies are hit. Like they weren't comrades. No...like they were the many sacrifices that will come forth from this war.

The announcement of them beginning to execute Ace.

As well as them cutting the snails off so the world wouldn't have to see whatever the marines were planning. Which you already knew wouldn't be seen very highly if the public saw, if they saw a hint of truth of how the World Government do certain things.

How the ground shifted from Whitebeard's power, catching you off guard as some falling debris from the wall and stray pieces of ice got on you, giving you some minor scratches here and there.

How some of your wounds from your time in Impel Down reopened during your battle with Mihawk, something that Mihawk noticed and scolded you on. Voice hinting concern as his golden eyes held yours, immediately stopping his attack.

"I will not fight someone who is not at their best." He said, as he glanced at your bleeding form under your white shirt, the bandages below the cloth not helping the cuts and slashes on your chest and back. You tried to convince him that you were alright, but Mihawk cut you off, saying that you should take this chance for you to help Straw Hat.

You nodded and was about to go on towards Luffy until you stopped and called his name, your back towards him as your face was shadowed by your cap. Expression hidden.

"Mihawk."

He glanced at you.

"Tell me...do you know why Shanks did not inform me about how he knew Blackbeard?" You asked, your lips in a frown and voice distant at as you spoke. Mihawk looked at you silently, then answered.

"...No, I do not." He answered. You turned to look at him from under the shadows of your cap, gazing at him, trying to gauge if he was lying.

'Silver Blood's emotions are all over the place.' Mihawk observed. One second you were smirking like the confident swordsman you were, in another he spots the darkness and anger in your eyes. You're desperate. For what, the swordsman doesn't know. But it seems to be connected to Shanks and what you earlier said about the hat that he's forever seen you wear. Since the day he first saw you, with the other Warlords who can't help but be interested in you.

(Y/N) isn't normally so suspicious. Your shoulders are tense, your eyes now flicking across his face to spot anything close to deceit, your grins and smirks seeming to be forced across your face.

He is worried for you.

But he must let you accomplish your goals, perhaps it would get you back to normal. He can only dare hope. That's all he can do for now in this raging battlefield they're stuck in.

"Then, were you aware that he was in Roger's crew and knew my father?"

Mihawk rose an eyebrow, surprised that you seemed unaware. You closed your eyes once you spotted his expression as you clenched your fists. Feeling hurt. The pain from Saboady coming back, the pain you've been trying to hold back during your time in Impel Down.

"He told you, but not me..." You said quietly, wide hawk golden eyes managing to catch the broken expression across your face as you whispered a 'Why?' through your lips. Mihawk frowned, and felt strong disapproval for the actions of Red Hair. Mihawk approached you calmly, your head looking down with your cap shadowing your face.