Nightmare

Warning: Mature Themes ahead. As well as possible triggers of various types.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

'Okubyoukaze Ni Fukakerya Saigo(If you lose your nerve, this may be your last breath.)

Asu No Asahi Ga Hai No Hashi(But if you hold on, the morning sun will rise!)'

"(Y/N)!"

You were brought out of your reverie, your mother's voice fading from your head as you faced Smoker and other marines that for some reason you can't remember the name of.

"Ah, sorry! Guess I was lost in my thoughts!" You gave a sheepish smile at them, scratching your smooth left cheek.

Smoker quirked his lips up, the way he did when it seemed he was amused by you.

"You need to shape up, Lieutenant," Smoker stressed your title, seeming to have a condescending tone. But you waved off the thought. Like Smoker would ever do such a thing.

"Can't have you distracted, you control our squadron after all." Smoker finished, while the other marines laughed loudly. The laughter...you frowned. The way they were laughing made it like they were mocking you.

You gave a smile.

"Control? You make it seem like I'm your master or something! Like I could ever control you, Smoker. Or anybody else. " You added as an afterthought, "That's more Garp's thing probably." The marines gave sidelong looks with one another, their smirks seeming dark. Your brows furrowed, and when you moved your eyes to Smoker you froze.

He had a sinister smile on his face. And those chocolate brown eyes that have always looked at you with the utmost care and friendship, were dark and filled with cruelty.

'Who is this?' You thought, wide eyes taking in your childhood friends features.

"Like I would let an idiotic pirate control me either way!" Smoker barked out with a laugh, and it felt like a ton of bricks just fell onto your chest. What? Smoker...he!

He would never say that!

Your eyes narrowed, hand already touching the hilt of your buster sword made by your father.

"Who are you?! You aren't Smoker! The Smoker I know would never say such a thing to me!" You retorted, ready to jump the fake Smoker at a moment's notice. Where was Garp? Why isn't he here? He's always by you!

The fake Smoker gave another laugh, when he finished, his wicked eyes looked down at you.

'They're supposed to be a light brown...they aren't supposed to look at me like that. Smoker would never...!'

"I am Smoker. Are you going crazy as well? Did you actually think for a second I was your friend?!" Fake Smoker hissed at you, "Like I would be a friend to a disgusting pirate like you!"

Your eyes turned to slits, Marine cap shadowing them as you bit your lip.

'Not Smoker. Not Smoker. Not—'

"But...you said that I'm not a pirate! That I could be a marine and be the strongest woman marine in the world!" You couldn't help but cry out. Smoker said so. So it has to be true. You can be the strongest marine...you can!

The faceless marines and Smoker chortled and chuckled amongst themselves. Smoker stood over you, his broad shoulders that always seemed to look comforting now made you fearful. But why? You're stronger than him...