The Boy Named Kuro

The kids hair. It was as red as Shanks. And unlike those around them, he did not look at you with surprise or fear. But what seemed to be admiration.

This kid...

"And you there kiddo." The kid broke out of his reverie.

"You should think twice before trying to open your mouth and glaring at a person that is stronger then you."

The kid blinked twice as his grandfather whirled on him in horror.

"Yo-you saw me?"

(Y/N) smirked at the kids bashfulness.

"From a mile away kid. Although what you were possibly going to do was noble, you would've been killed yourself instead of your Jiji here and would've left him all alone."

The kid suddenly tightened his fists and scowled.

"But he would've killed Jiji! No one else was stopping him, so why shouldn't I?!"

You rose your eyebrows at the comment, and was suddenly remembering someone else who said words closely to the kid's.

'Everyone was too scared to do anything to them. If no one else was going to, why can't I?'

Jet. When you first met him when he tried to defeat corrupt marines by himself.

"Kuro! Don't ever attempt to do that again! You need to stop thinking you're strong enough to do certain things! I would've been fine, Kuro."

(Y/N) kneeled in front of the kid who turned his scowling face towards you which slowly turned to bewilderment.

"Kuro huh? Is that your name?"

The kid slowly nodded as he looked directly into your eyes, not backing down from probably what he thinks to show an incoming lecture. You let out a smirk.

This kid.

You put out your hand for a handshake.

"I'm (Y/N). You know, not many can say they can do what you did."

Kuro's light brown eyes blinked and there was pride within his smile as he shook your hand firmly. Which you noted, as well as some small scars in his young knuckles. During your observations, you were unaware of the frantic whispers around them.

"Hm? Strong shake there. Have you been training kid?"

This time Kuro nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah! I practice with some of the weapons my Jiji makes, mostly the wakizasha since Jiji says all the other swords are too big for me."

The old man had an exasperated look on his face.

"That's because Kuro, even with the wakizasha you seem to always get injured."

Kuro flushed and tried to deny it, saying that the bubbles in Saboady sometimes get in his face and he can't see. It's not his fault.

At this you laughed good-naturedly as you then patted Kuro's bright red hair in amusement. Your eyes then gazed to his own light brown-no. These eyes aren't like a light brown. No. They hinted towards a metal. Not gold like Mihawk's or silver as Crocodile's. No...this kid... He had eyes the color of a strong vivid bronze.

His eyes...it reminded you of yourself.

"It's 'Ex-Marine Silver Blood (Y/N)'!"

Oh.

Shit.

"That woman there is a pirate who's defeated pirates and marines alike. She doesn't care who it is!"