Dark

When you were running, that's when Whitebeard's used his power, causing you to get hit by some debris as you slightly lost your balance in surprise. Again.

You quickly got up, however, ignoring your small injuries from Impel Down and from the debris as you kept running. Completely running on adrenaline at this point, with your determination and stubbornness helping greatly. Two Pacifistas were in the way, causing you to use 'Gin no Ame!' a horizontal cut that broke the Pacifistas easily as you passed their smoking and exploding bodies. You had no time to be amused by Buggy's antics, you have to assist Luffy! You have to save your friend!

ACE!

'You need to know the truth.' A dark part of your mind whispered, you gritted your teeth as you used Soryu once again.

You couldn't help but glance back in shock as you spotted Whitebeard get stabbed by his own men. You told the old man! So stubborn!

"WHITEBEARD!! I WARNED YOU DIDNT I?!" You yelled in anger, the soft man seemed to not have believed or didn't think it would be that crew member. Either way, it sorted itself out once it was revealed it was a ploy. Although, you were concerned over Crocodile's anger on the old man's weakness, seeing that Whitebeard was stronger when he defeated the sand user. You frowned in concern and shock.

"Crocodile...?" You never saw him so upset about a person being weak...your memory flicked as you recalled back in Impel Down how many pirates held a grudge for Roger and Whitebeard for taking important titles like Pirate King and strongest man in the world. Crocodile included.

Crocodile...he had a dream to become Pirate King when he was younger?

Your mind couldn't wrap your head around such a thought, another memory surfacing. Where you stated once again you were going to be the strongest woman in the world to him during their first meetings, only for him to scoff and you.

"Dreams are for naive weak fools who don't know how the world works." He toned dryly, a cigar on his lips.

You frowned at him, offended. "Don't call me that. And it isn't a dream if I make it a reality! You'll see Croc-y, I'm not going to fail!" Crocodile scoffed as he looked at the newspaper in front of him as he read. "Believe what you want."

You furrowed your brows. He did have one...he just lost sight of it once Whitebeard defeated him. His trust in people quickly declining, making him the man he was today. Distant. Distrustful. Dark.

You dropped your jaw slightly as your eyes widened.

'That would've been me...if I stayed in CP9...' You thought, but then shook your head. No matter, you must keep running. The squabble between Whitebeard and his crew member was fixed as the old man was now on the battlefield. Your eyes narrowed as you thought about the cruel strategy. Only one man comes to mind for such a ruthless idea.

Akainu.

You gritted your teeth, wanting to kick his ass. But you have to keep going! For Ace!

Magma attacks started to fall towards you, causing you to widen your eyes and curse as you dodged them while briefly imbued with Buso Haki. You panted as you collected yourself when you were thrown off by the blast to the ground, and continued. Your eyes were determined as you tried to go and help Luffy, you pushed and slashed your way through marines that were getting in the way.

'That damn Akainu...!' You thought as you once again gritted your teeth and used Geppo to be above the boiling sea water because of his magma that melted through the ice.

Damn these marines. Damn such a thing called 'Justice'. Damn to all who made you believe you were ever a part of them!

"GAAAAAARP!" You yelled, your eyes dark. As you got closer to the area where the fallen Oars was as you ran, using a little of Soryu to go faster as adrenaline pumped you to go past all the marines trying to stop you. Your Marine cap still on your head and in good condition despite the chaos.