Your Treasure

A hook was suddenly under your chin, clearly a threat as Crocodile frowned in thought.

"You don't have your usual sassy remarks. I'm mildly surprised." The sand man commented, causing you to raise an eyebrow.

"Getting beaten to a bloody pulp does that to a person." You replied, as you felt his hook go this way and that, causing your to face to move every which way as Crocodile seemed to analyze your injuries closely.

Too close.

His body that was clad in prisoner clothes was too—oh gosh. Where's his coat? He looks way better with his old stylish coat. Great, now you can't help but picture him with it. Your cheeks gave a small flush as the hook started to tickle your face from how soft it caressed you to move this way and that.

Shhiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

"Are they that bad?" You spouted out, wanting to distract yourself from the feeling. Only mildly curious about your injuries on your body that feels like lead.

Crocodile only giving a distracted hum, and saying that no one recognized you when you came in. But he kept moving the hook back and forth, giving his own comments of observation that you weren't paying attention to.

"Several gashes on both arms. Burns as well...one gash on the head...several cuts and bruises..." Crocodile murmured with his low voice. "Those soft marines only know how to injure a pirate when they're bound and leashed it seems..."

These are the moments that make you question about Crocodile and not kick his butt. Moments...where it seems he cares. Shows concern, even if it's in his own weird subtle way. The way he seems to be careful with the use of his hook and not purposefully try to scratch or cut you with it. You would even go out of your way to say he's a gentlemen, if he wasn't an arrogant and impatient dick. In all, the man just makes you confused about him. Not knowing what to think or feel about him...truly an oxymoron.

Your eye brows began to twitch.

'Why...is it so ticklish?!' (Y/N) thought in despair as you tried to be tight lip about the whole thing when Crocodile moved to do a deeper analysis on your face. You hoped he can't see your red face, maybe the blood will cover it. You don't even understand why you're red in the first place! It's CROCODILE!! He's not—

Your eyes darkened.

Yeah...he's not. He's not Shanks. But...
You glanced up at Crocodile that was inches away from your face.

What does him not being Shanks have to do with anything?

When has it ever? Shanks is just a friend. Just a...friend.

'Who kept something from you. Who kept his knowledge of Blackbeard and that he knew your father away from you. It may have been for your own protection or other personal reasons, but why?' A voice in the back of your mind questioned.

You don't know.

"Silver Blood. Do you not feel this?" You blinked.

"Feel what?" Crocodile eyes narrowed.

"Can you not see from your left eye as well?"

Shit. You were hoping he wouldn't find out. You should've expected it though. He's a good observer. You pulled your head away from his hook as you leaned against the wall, and used your only good eye to look at him.

"You observe too much Croc-y. But you're right. Woke up with it like that. I imagine the symptoms will only get worse." You gave an exaggerated sigh as you looked up at the ceiling. "Just gotta deal with it. I kinda asked for it earlier." You muttered the last part out. You shouldn't have wondered aloud if Magellan's farts can kill. You sometimes got too curious and big mouthed for your own good.