Sam: Makeup Chapter

A/N: FINALLY done with my midterms for a little bit so now I can get back to writing for you guys! Here's Sam's catchup! I hope you all enjoy it! PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER. 

How You Meet

You were in the training room getting ready to start your sparing with your best friend Bucky. You were the best at hand to hand combat on the team, but practice made perfect. Not to mention that everyone was determined to try and beat you; they didn't understand how someone so small was so strong. "Ready to taste defeat Buck?" you asked him as you continued wrapping your hand. He scoffed, "Not a chance," he said as he wrapped his hand, knowing full well he wasn't likely to win this fight. "Guess Steve is running late today" you mused, stepping into the ring. The three of you had daily sparring matches to keep everyone on top of their game and it was unlike Steve to be anything other than early. "He's like 100 years old (y/n), maybe he just forgot, today," Bucky said, laughing as he stepped into the ring. You snorted. "Buck. You can't possibly be making fun of Steve when you're older than him?" you said with an eye roll, moving towards Bucky. He sighed and shook his head, just wanting to change the subject. "Shut up and fight me already (y/nickname)" he said and you obliged, and went charging at him. He wasn't expecting this and the momentum threw him off his game. 

It didn't take him long to recover and he quickly threw you off of him, coming at you swinging. You easily dodged every one of his punches. You swiftly kicked your leg out, and it easily found its target in his chest. He staggered back from the force of the blow and charged you again. Remembering what Natasha had taught you so many years ago, you sidestepped him easily and launched yourself upwards so that you were sitting on his shoulders; your legs straddling his neck. He spun around trying to shake you off, but to no avail. Neither of you had noticed that you were being watched. You flipped the two of you onto the mats, waiting for Bucky to tap out, but stubborn as ever, he didn't. Your attention peaked as you heard stifled laughter. "Ok (y/nickname), let him up before he chokes to death. He yields." You rolled your eyes and hopped off Bucky, stepping out of the ring to meet Steve. But he wasn't alone, he had brought someone along that you didn't recognize. 

You took a long swig out of your water bottle and began unwrapping your hands while you waited for Steve to introduce you to whoever it was he had brought along. "(y/n), this is Sam Wilson. He'll be joining us on our missions from now on." You eyed Sam up and down, not being able to deny that he was rather attractive. He took a step towards you and held out a hand. "Nice to meet you," he said cheerfully, as you accepted his hand and shook. As you turned back to your gym bag you were very aware of Sam staring at you. You turned around and raised a brow in his direction. "Sorry, you're just an excellent fighter. I don't think I've ever seen anyone better," he admitted bashfully. You smiled coyly and simply responded with "You haven't." before going to leave the gym. "You, uh taking requests for new people to beat up?" Sam asked, falling into step beside you. You weren't sure what made you agree but you turned back to face Sam "8:00 AM tomorrow." you informed him before turning to walk away. All Sam could do was stare, knowing that he had no chance of beating you, but he just had to know you. 

Your First Kiss

You had been "training" with Sam for a little over a month now. If you could even call it that, he was getting better, but he still had yet to beat you in a fight. You hadn't meant to continue training with him after you had established that he was no match for you, but both Fury and Steve agreed that his hand to hand combat needed improvement if he was going to join your little team. And they had agreed that you were the best person to pair Sam up with.  So, just like every other weekday, you were in the gym before 8:00 to warm up, and Sam was running tragically late. When he finally came flying through the gym doors, it was almost 8:30. You rolled your eyes but didn't turn around. "Late" you called out from where you were stretching on the floor. "I know. I had a meeting and I-" he trailed off as he spewed excuses. "Training is MANDATORY and starts at 8:00 SHARP Wilson." You said sternly, walking over to where Sam was frantically trying to get his equipment ready for the day. Fury and Steve had been very clear that you were to tolerate anything from him and they encouraged you to enforce this. And you did. "You know what being late means" you chided Sam, fixing him with a stern look.