SMAU: Time After Time (Pietro Maximoff)

A/N: Prepare for a really fun chapter (in my opinion) where we jump through different time periods! I hope this one is fun for all of you because I had so much writing this one! This took FOREVER to write, and enjoy the extra mood boards in this one btw! Thank you to everyone who shared their favorite time periods with me, and apologies to those who weren't included (if you replied after I wrote this chapter but thank you nonetheless). 

I'd also like to take a minute to thank @writercute77 for helping me plan this out. Having someone to listen to you while you ramble like a crazy person is always so helpful to me as a writer. And thank you to@AlluringPixie for providing me with a master list of SM AU prompts. That list gave me the kick I needed to finish this series, to feel motivated to work on it again. And for that, I am beyond grateful. So my deepest thanks to you both, and to all of you really for being patient with me and for sticking around. So let's get to it!

PROMPT: Everyone has memories of them and their soulmate in their past lives that they have shared together.

I dashed through the grass book in hand, struggling to keep my page as I ran; the flitting sound of my laughter rang out across the gardens as I dashed about

I dashed through the grass book in hand, struggling to keep my page as I ran; the flitting sound of my laughter rang out across the gardens as I dashed about. I could hear him behind me, his laughter light and carefree as he ran behind me. I knew without a doubt that he could catch up to me with minimal ease, and I smiled at the knowledge. He could catch me without breaking a sweat, and yet he continued to allow me to evade his grasp. I had simply wanted to read my book; undisturbed in the grand library. Unsurprisingly, my love had other plans for our afternoon; although he was meant to be working. I knew I should scold him, encourage him to get back to work, but afternoons such as this were rare, fleeting moments that only graced us with their presence every once in a while.

Seeing a gap in the hedges that loomed beyond me, I took the opportunity to duck between them knowing that with how far behind me he was, he would not of had the chance to catch even a glimpse of me as I disappeared from view. Steadying my breathing as to not give myself away with my panting, I turned an ear to the sounds around me; hearing only the gentle wind as it whistled through the gardens of our estate. Hearing nothing besides the call and response of the wind, I smiled to myself; alone with my book at last. Standing amongst the hedges I pried my novel back open, my eyes flitting across the pages as I tried to recall where I had been before I was disturbed. Time escaped me as I immersed myself in page after page of the (favorite genre) novel I was currently infatuated with. And then I heard it, the telltale sound of his husky voice, ringing out throughout the vast gardens of the estate.

I smiled wickedly to myself as I halted my reading once more. I was fully aware that I could halt this nonsense at once, end this ridiculous chase that I had sent us on when I had darted through the grand exterior doors of the library, heading towards the gardens without so much as a second thought. Enjoying the carefree feeling that settled over me as I ran and he chased me; endlessly throughout the property while we basked in the gentle glow of the midday sun. Moments like this were so rare, and I wasn't about to allow it to come to an end. Between his endless work, my social obligations, and the endless soirees we attended; one of which was scheduled for tonight, intimate, meaningful moments like this were few and far between, and I reveled in them. A lazy, carefree smile graced my face as my feet continued to carry me further and further away from his pursuit. I glanced over my shoulder as I continued to flee. With my focus being behind me, I had unknowingly run directly into the shallow river that transected the estate.