I Handled It. (Bucky Barnes)

A/N: Thank you to @SukunasLilWhore for requesting this one! It was so fun to write.  I thought this was pretty funny, so I hope you do too! There's also a fair bit of P.O.V shifting between you and Bucky, IDK it just felt right. 

Prompt: You get kidnapped and Bucky gets himself pretty worked up about it. But since you're a S.H.I.E.L.D agent, you're able to take care of the kidnappers fairly quickly. When your husband comes to save you, he's confused as to why everyone is knocked out and finds you casually making a drink in the kidnapper's kitchen. 

It only took a split second for them to grab me and throw me in the van. "You have GOT to be kidding me" I grumbled to myself as I mentally cursed. My morning had been off to a rough start, to begin with: I had woken up late, tripped over the cat and spilled coffee all over my shirt, and had to change, and now I was running late to my briefing with the Avengers. And now I could add 'getting kidnapped' to the mile-long list. I threw myself onto a seat in the van as I surveyed my surroundings. Three kidnappers; two in the back with me, one driving. None of them looked particularly strong, which explained why they snuck up on me to grab me; they knew they likely didn't stand a chance against me. Only one of them was holding a gun, which was pointed directly at my heart. None of the men were wearing masks which told me they were either low profile enough that the risk of being recognized wasn't high, or that they didn't care if I saw their faces; they planned to kill me. Or they were just significantly dumber than I had assumed. 

I tried my best to repress a laugh. I had been kidnapped many times throughout my career. Working for S.H.I.E.L.D, getting kidnapped is kind of an occupational hazard. But of all the times I had been kidnapped, this had to of been the most laughable by far. "It's like amateur hour," I thought to myself, trying to keep my expression disinterested. Based on their level of disorganization alone, I knew these goons weren't HYDRA. They probably just assumed they could grab the wife of an Avenger, make a pretty penny and then let me go. "So. Boys. Where are we going?" I asked casually as I inspected my flawless nails. None of them answered me, instead they all looked away. Once again I had to choke back a laugh: the men who had kidnapped me were scared of me. When the van finally stopped moving, two of the men each grabbed one of my arms and dragged me inside the building. Since they hadn't bothered to blindfold me, I immediately recognized the area: we were surprisingly close to S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters. My god, these guys really were amateurs. I didn't bother to struggle against them as they threw me into a waiting chair, and secured me to it using ducktape. I knew that I could easily get myself out of this situation, but curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to see what it was they wanted. So until the right moment came along, I decided I would play along. 

***Bucky's P.O.V*** 

I paced the confines of the briefing room, unable to focus on anything other than (y/n). She was now over an hour late to our briefing, and no one had heard from her, and we hadn't been able to reach her. I stared down at the phone in my hand, reading and rereading the last message she had sent to me

"Tripped over the damn cat and spilled my coffee all over myself. I'll be ten minutes late. I love you." 

Even though I knew she had only been unreachable for a little over an hour now, it seemed like that text had been sent forever ago. I held the phone up to my ear as I tried to call her again, for what must have been the one-hundredth time in the past hour. Her sweet voice filled my ears as I listened to the voicemail just wanting to hear her voice. "You've reached the voicemail of (y/n) Barnes. Leave me a message and I'll get back to you later." I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair. Already feeling exhausted, I threw myself back down into a chair. "Maybe she just got caught up in something?" Steve offered, but I could hear the doubt in his voice. He had always been an awful liar. I shook my head. "No. Something happened to her. I'm sure of it. This isn't like her. God, I knew I shouldn't have left without her this morning." I said, feeling immensely guilty for leaving her. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to her, let alone if it was my fault. "Why did you leave without her?" Steve questioned and I turned to look at him. "Because I had plans with you genius! We agreed to meet for training before the briefing.  She wasn't ready and didn't want me to be late so she told me to go on without her." Steve only nodded in understanding. "And now somethings happened to her, and it's my fault,"  I said, feeling myself growing more and more anxious by the second.