The Perfect Partner (Steve Rogers)

**Edited and Revised on 01/25/21**

Hey guys this imagine was requested by @harvsher thanks for requesting love. 

IMAGINE: Being a shy and private person, and Steve tries to get you to open up to him.

Sunday was always the one day of the week you and Steve both had off, and it was always dedicated to spending time with each other. You usually spent the day out and about downtown, but it was raining today so you were forced to stay inside. The two of you had decided watching a movie would be a good way to spend the day. You and Steve had been going out for just over 3 months now, and yet you were still fairly shy and reserved around him. You were coming around slowly, but it was definitely taking a while, as you had always been iffy with new people, and your shy and reclusive personality didn't help much either. Steve put in an exhaustive amount of effort trying to get you to open up to him, but he wasn't sure he was making much progress, and he was beginning to run out of ideas. 

You were sitting beside Steve on the couch, not really cuddled up to him, but just sitting beside him casually. You were enjoying the movie when a song you loved from the movie started to play from the speakers. Steve couldn't help but notice the delighted look in your eyes when you heard the music, and suddenly, he had an idea.  Swiftly getting up off the couch, Steve gently grabbed both of your wrists and pulled you up onto your feet so you were standing with him in the middle of his living room. "What are you doing?" you asked him nervously, not making eye contact with him. Steve placed a gentle hand on your waist and held onto your other hand. "We're dancing (y/n)" he said as he began to lead you around the room in a slow waltz. 

Knowing you wouldn't be able to escape his embrace, you went along with his antics as you outwardly groaned. The steps came to you naturally as they flooded into your memory. Your father had taught you many styles of partner and ballroom dancing when you were little, all of which had come naturally to you. Before long, you were lost in the moment, and enjoying yourself a considerable amount as you got lost in the music. You hadn't danced in ages because you didn't have a partner, and this felt incredible. You were enjoying yourself thoroughly, but you didn't want to admit that to Steve. The two of you continued to sweep gracefully across the room and you grew more and more comfortable being in Steves's embrace with each passing beat. He held you close to him as he spun you around. As the song ended, he twirled you away from him before gently twirling you back into him.

When the song ended, Steve was still holding you close to him, and you didn't move to break away from him. When the rest of the music had faded away, Steve placed a gentle kiss on the top of your head and sighed. "I know how closed off you are (y/n), and I know how hard it is for you to open up to me. I understand it, but I also don't at the same time. But you're gorgeous, and I'm so in love with you. All I want is for you to love and trust me too. I'd do anything." he said, trailing off with a sad look in his eyes. Never being one for words, you wrapped your arms around him, taking him by surprise. "Steve, I trust you more than anyone in my life. And I've been trying to work on outwardly showing because I love you too..." you offered, looking down at his feet, avoiding his eyes. 

Steve chucked. "Well now that we've gotten all that out of the way" Steve whispered, before dipping you down low and placing the most passionate kiss you had ever had in your life to your lips.  You stood there in his arms continuing to kiss him for what seemed like hours before running out of air. "Steve?" you asked, looking up into his beautiful blue eyes. "Yes my love?" he asked as he brushed your hair away from your face. "Can we dance more often? I used to dance all the time but eventually, I found myself without a partner, and I've missed it." Steve beamed, "Anytime you want my love." he agreed before starting to twirl you around the living room to a non-existent beat. Steve really was a beautiful dancer, and you were glad that after all of these years without one, you had finally found a new partner. And what a perfect partner he was. 

A/N: Y'all lemme tell ya. I love writing these ones with the dancing in them. IDK why I had to make this one a waltz, does Steve even know how to do that lol who knows. But I used to be a fairly good dancer myself and I've gotta say, a Waltz was always my favorite.