Alone Together (Bucky Barnes)

A/N: Thanks to @summer_1965 for requesting this one! I really liked the concept!

PROMPT: Y/n and Bucky have never got on and kept arguing until the rest of the team goes on a mission and leave you guys home alone. Bucky and y/n end up falling asleep cuddling which the team notices when they come home.

I clenched my jaw and narrowed my eyes as I stood toe to toe with the Captain, both of us unwavering. "I'm not changing my mind (y/n)." Steve stated firmly, as he continued to stand his ground. "Well, I'm not accepting that," I said, huffing as I crossed my arms across my chest. Time seemed to pass us by slower than usual as my eyes remained locked with the Captains, both of us not moving. Or speaking. Or blinking.  Finally, he broke and threw his arms up in defeat. "You're still sitting this one out." Steve declared, pointing a finger at me as he walked into the other room where the rest of the team was situated. "But Steve!" I whined, following behind him as I continued to protest. "This isn't a discussion (y/n)." Steve sighed, running a hand across his face. "I'm FINE to go on this mission, Steve. We both know that!" I wailed as I continued to push the issue. "You took some hard hits on our last mission, and you haven't been cleared yet. You're sitting this one out. End. Of. Discussion." Steve explained, his tone of voice warning me not to push him any further. Defeated, I threw myself into an open chair. "Why do you hate me, Rogers? Why?" I wailed in mock agony as I sunk further into the plush armchair. 

I could see Steve rolling his eyes at me in my peripheral. "I don't hate you (y/n). I care about you. That's why you're staying here." he explained, his voice cool as he continued to drive his point home. Still sulking, I turned my attention to my phone as I scrolled through social media. Amongst the various conversations taking place amongst the team, I could hear one person's irritating snicker rising above all the clashing voices. I knew who it belonged to immediately. Anger began to rise in my chest as I took in Bucky's snickering face. For some reason, ever since he had come here, he and I had been unable to get along. There was something about the man that I found inexplicably irritating and the two of us always seemed to be at each other's throats. "What's so funny asshole?" I spat at Bucky as I glared at him from my seat across the room. "Oh, nothing. I just find it funny that you're pouting because we all get to go out and kick ass and you'll be stuck here. All alone. You poor thing." he said, mocking sympathy as he wiped an imaginary tear from his cheek. 

All I saw was red as I launched myself out of my chair, swiftly knocking Bucky off of his as I collided with him. I had him pinned on the ground, my fist raised to hit him when I was suddenly pulled off. "Let me go!" I growled as I struggled against whoever was holding me. "Not happening sweetheart." I struggled harder as I recognized Tony's voice in my ear. "Tony. Let me at him!" I screamed, still trying to break free from his grasp. Bucky was still smirking, and I wanted nothing more than to beat the smirk from his smug face. When I was done struggling, Tony let me go, still standing cautiously between Bucky and I. "You know what? I'm GLAD that I'm gonna have the place to myself. Especially if it means I don't have to see HIM for a few days!" I shrieked as I pointed a finger in Bucky's direction. Steve and Tony exchanged a worried glance as Tony gently lead me back to my seat.  My eyes flashed between my two friends as I studied their expressions. I immediately knew there was something they weren't telling me. "There's just one problem with that (y/n)... you uh, you won't be staying alone..." Tony confessed, cringing a bit as he anticipated my reaction. 

Any semblance of the peace I had just found evaporated. As much as I had wanted to be going out on that mission, a few days alone had sounded like heaven. Alone time was few and far between when you lived with this many people. My eyes focused on Steve, silently daring my Captain to explain and further burst my bubble. "Bucky's staying too, he-" Steve started, but I didn't hear the rest of what he said as rage consumed me once again. Screaming in frustration I stormed out of the hallway, stomping all the way through the hallway until I finally made it to my room, making sure to slam the door as I entered. Hours must have passed us by before someone finally dared to approach me. "So. Are you just going to hide away in here while we're gone?" Tony asked from the doorway where he stood. "Um. That door was LOCKED." I informed him as he moved to sit beside me on the bed. "My building, my locks?" Tony asked jokingly, trying to lighten the mood. "You're the world's worst friend," I said, punching him lightly in the arm. "No, I'm not. Anyways, I just came to say goodbye since we're heading out. TRY not to kill Barnes, please (y/n)." Tony begged and I rolled my eyes. "It's not my fault he's so irritating T." I said, throwing my hands up in frustration. "Steve is having a similar chat with him right now. Just try and get along with him (y/n). I'll see you in a few days." Tony said, hugging me tightly before leaving me standing alone in my room.