Denial Doesn't Suit You (Steve Rogers)

A/N:  I decided to do something a little different with this one: some of it is in our favorite playboys P.O.V and some of it is in the readers P.O.V just to change things up a bit and keep me creative!  Thank you to @writtercute77 for requesting this imagine! 

PROMPT: Steve has a crush on the reader but is too scared to admit it. So Tony decides to take matters into his own hands to make Steve jealous so he will admit his feelings. 

***Tony's P.O.V*** 

I stood beside the bar sipping my favorite whiskey from my crystal glass. As much as I liked to throw a big party, it was nights like this that I enjoyed the most. Sure having hundreds of people around was fun, but nothing beat just being in the company of the team and spending time with them. Everyone worked so hard, and I was glad to see them enjoying the time off that they deserved. My heart warmed as I looked around the room at my friends: there were people out on the dance floor enjoying the music, Natasha, Wanda, and (y/n) were situated on the couch deep in conversation. Clint and Thor were fiercely battling each other in a game of air hockey, and Steve, Sam, and Bucky were clustered around a small table in the corner where Sam and Bucky appeared to be having yet another argument. "God those two need a therapist," I thought to myself as my focus drifted back to Steve. 

Despite the boisterous argument taking place around him, Steve didn't seem to be paying attention at all. Following his eyeline across the room, my eyes landed on what, more like who, had him so transfixed. I was unsurprised that I now found myself staring at (y/n). It was no secret that the Capsicle had been harboring a major crush on her for what seemed like ages now, and honestly, it was getting a little hard to watch. Every day was the same, Rogers followed (y/n) around like a lovesick puppy, pining over her, hanging off of her every word, and more. Everyone could see it, except for (y/n) who seemed completely oblivious to the Captain's affections. Then again, who could blame her? Besides the obvious staring, Rogers had never explicitly done anything to make his feelings explicitly clear to her. A devious smirk began to tug at my lips as I peeled myself away from the bar and began walking towards the back of the room, an idea already forming in my mind. 

Bucky and Sam were still too caught up in their bickering to notice that I had approached, making it easy for me to whisk Steve away from them and lead him away from all of the commotion in the room. Steve was silent as I led him away, surely curious as to what I was up to. Not wanting to waste any time, I decided to get right to the point. "Why don't you just ask her out already Rogers?" I asked as I tried to keep the devious grin off of my face. Steve nearly choked on his beer at the question, shooting a warning glance in my direction. "I don't know what you're talking about Stark," he replied, only encouraging me to push further. "(y/n). You like her. It's painfully obvious. So ask her out." Steve only shook his head. "I don't like (y/n). I don't know what you're talking about.' Steve mumbled, avoiding my gaze. "Denial doesn't suit you, Rogers," I informed him as I watched him walk away. 

I couldn't wrap my head around why Steve was so adamant about denying what the rest of us could all clearly see: he was completely enamored with (y/n). And if I was being honest, the two of them would make an exceptional couple. Steve clearly cared about her deeply and he was a nice guy, a real gentleman. (Y/n) was (insert some of your personality traits) and loved by everybody that she met. Not to mention that the two of them seemed to have a world of things in common. I had a sneaking suspicion that (y/n) harbored feelings for the Captain as well: she was just a bit more guarded about it. But sticking to the facts, I knew that Steve liked (y/n) and that she wouldn't turn him down if he were to actually ask her out. So after months of watching his longing after her, I decided it was time to give the old man a little bit of a push to help him get back in the game...