Preference 9: Your Best Friend

***Edited and Revised on 01/11/22***

Tony Stark

Bruce is easily the person you were closest to. Not only are you both matched in terms of intelligence and wit, but both of you also have a mutual understanding that keeping Tony out of trouble is a very demanding full-time job, and having someone to split that burden with is a godsend. Besides yourself, Bruce is one of few people who know Tony well and truly understands him. This makes him an excellent sounding board for relationship problems as well as advice. Having someone to just be lowkey with is also a bonus. As much as Tony is amazing, he's rather high energy some days which can be exhausting, so it's nice to have a friend who is more low key and is easy to spend time with; especially one who is more than content to enjoy each others company in relative quiet. 

Steve 

Your best friend is Sam. You had known Sam long before you met Steve. The two of you had lived in the same neighborhood growing up, and had been best friends since you were 4. You attended the same University and enrolled in the air force together as well. In fact, it was Sam who had told Steve to "just stop staring and go introduce himself already" the night of Tony's party. Sam being Sam couldn't help but want to meddle in both of his best friends' happiness, and was practically relentless until the two of you had gotten together. But at the end of the day, thank god that man doesn't know how to mind his own business because if it wasn't for Sam and his peer pressure, you and Steve likely wouldn't be where you are today. 

Clint 

Natasha had been your closest friend for years now. The two of you had become fast friends after S.H.I.E.L.D had taken her on as an agent and upon meeting you, she took an automatic liking to you for some reason. You never objected, especially because female agents were few and far between, and having friends outside of work was often difficult due to scheduling issues. Because of their history and close relationship you always assumed that she and Clint were together, or more than friends at least, and that they just never spoke about it. But she eventually reassured you that they were simply friends and that his romantic interest lay elsewhere. She was also the one who convinced Clint to finally act on his feelings for you. 

Thor

Your ride or die best friend was Clint. The two of you had been in the same academy training class when you both started at S.H.I.E.L.D and were both the top agents in your training class respectively. As a result your instructors always paired you two together for training and missions. Once you had both graduated, you were inevitably paired together as mission partners due to the incredible work ethic and bond you had developed. Having such a close friend and partner was great when your boyfriend spent a lot of time going back and forth between realms, leaving you lonely. Thor also loves the fact that you're never alone when he's gone and that you have someone looking out for you in his absence that loves you as much as he does. 

Bruce 

Your best friend was Steve. It was an unpredictable friendship that neither of you had seen coming. Since you and Bruce often had completely opposite schedules, you were always looking out for someone to hang out with. As it would happen, you and Steve really had a lot in common, and he was the kind of friend who was usually up for whatever you suggested. You guys would work out together, go shopping,  watch movies or cook something just for the sake of trying new recipes. He was a great friend and shoulder to cry on. Bruce was especially a fan of the cooking you guys do because you always made sure to bring a plate of whatever you had made that day to him so he could enjoy it while he worked.