Always Up to No Good (Clint Barton)

**Edited and Revised on 01/24/21**

IMAGINE: Clint on your day off work.

You rolled over to the other side of the bed expecting to bump into Clint. But to your surprise, you didn't. It was uncommon for Clint to get up early when he didn't have to work. This lead you to wonder what the hell he was up to. You naturally assumed that he was off getting into trouble somewhere and that you should probably go find him before he got himself into a big mess. You loved Clint dearly, but he loved getting into trouble and everyone knew it. Including Clint.  As you made your way down to the main floor you could smell something cooking. As you rounded the corner you saw Tony preparing a piece of toast... and examining it in the light... which was admittedly odd but you decided to ignore it and bid him good morning instead. "Good morning Tony," you said walking over to the fridge to get some orange juice. Oddly enough, Tony didn't answer you. Instead, you were answered with a very loud and high-pitched scream. Wondering what could possibly be causing Tony to scream like that, you turned around. You instantly rolled your eyes when you did. There was a shiny black arrow protruding through Tony's piece of toast. The top of the arrow had grazed him as it flew by, pining his breakfast to the cabinet across the room. You sighed in defeat, looking around for Clint who was obviously the offender. You helped Tony out with his scratch, and the moment you finished he started spinning around furiously, looking for Clint.

You chuckled.  "Tony you're not gonna find him by spinning in circles and making yourself dizzy you know" you informed him. You knew Clint wouldn't make it that easy for Tony to find him, because Tony would obviously come after him seeking retribution. "(Y/n)! HE MURDERED MY BREAKFAST!!" Tony screamed. You rolled your eyes at his immature behavior.  You put your hands on your hips and looked Tony in the eye. " First, stop screaming like an idiot, it's annoying. Second, you're not gonna find him. I am. He won't come out for you." You declared jumping up on the kitchen counter as if it were the most effortless and natural thing you could do. You examined the arrow and its trajectory carefully without moving It. Before you worked for S.H.I.E.L.D,  you were a specialist in weapons and trajectories for the FBI. And you were exceptionally good at what you used to do. Mentally following the path of the arrow upwards, you traced It all the way back to the top corner of the avenger's lounge room. You turned around to face where the arrow was firmly planted above the cabinet. Not turning around to face the lounge again you spoke loudly, "I know you're there Clint, come down. NOW. " you demanded as you placed your hands on your hips and waited for him to come out of his hiding spot. 

You heard his boot-clad feet make an impact with the ground as he dropped down from the ceiling of the building. He came over and wrapped his arms around your waist and buried his face in the crook of your neck and whispered. "You always know (y/n), you always do. I don't know how but you always know where I am." You turned around to face him, his arms still around your waist holding you as close to possible to him. "You wanna know how I always know?" You asked looking into his gorgeous colored eyes. "Well of course I want to know," he told you as he kissed your temple. "Because I know you, Clint Barton. I know what you like to do, which is cause trouble. And you cause trouble because you are a child at heart.  I know you like to hide anywhere high because it gives you the best vantage point." I've got you figured out Clint Barton. And you can't tell me that I'm wrong. Because I'm not." You said, sassing him as you finished your rant. 

Clint just stared at you for a while in shock until a big smile spread across his face.  Clint chuckled. "Mmmm. You got everything and bout me right but there's one thing, one VERY important thing that you forgot to mention about me," he said with a mysterious tone. You rolled your eyes. "Is it how DRAMATIC you are?" You asked with a sassy edge to your voice. "No not even close." he chided. You were starting to lose your patience with him after today.  "Then what is it, Clint? Tell me. What did I forge-" you were silenced by Clint moving his hands to rest on your hips and then him moving to kiss you passionately. Instinctively you placed your hands on his chest and continued enjoying your moment in peaceful bliss.  When you finally stopped so you could breathe, you asked Clint again, using a softer tone of voice this time. "So are you going to tell me what I forgot? " You asked sweeping your fingers through his Sandy blonde hair, which always seemed to relax him. "You know what (y/n) I think I will..." he whispered also keeping his voice soft and gentle to match yours. You looked up at him with anxious eyes, and he and he looked down at you with his gorgeous smile and loved-filled eyes. "(Y/n)...you forgot the most important thing of all... how in love with you I am," he whispered pulling you into his arms once again so you were as close to him as possible. "I love you too Clint" you whispered burying your face in his chest.