Date Night Dilemma (Bucky Barnes)

**Edited and Revised on 01/26/21**

This Bucky Imagine was requested by  @FictionalTears who asked me to write a cute fluffy date night imagine involving food. Here you go, love! 

You groaned as you tapped your fingers on the surface of your laptop. You loved date nights with Bucky, but whenever it was your turn to plan it, you always got super stressed out. Trying to come up with something new, fun, and different to do was always a challenge. As you continued to waste the day away trying to brainstorm ideas, your stomach started to grumble, and you noted that you were craving pizza. And then the idea hit you. Making your own pizzas was a great idea for date night! You slammed your laptop shut and jumped up to go change into an older t-shirt. You grabbed one of Bucky's that you had stolen out of his closet, tying it so it fits better. Running back out of your room, you stopped to pound on Bucky's door. "Date night starts in five! Report to the kitchen soldier!" You yelled from your side of the door. "Yes ma'am!" you hear Bucky say with a laugh, before running back towards the kitchen.  

When Bucky finally reached the kitchen, you had already gotten out everything the two of you might need for pizza. An assortment of vegetables and meat, cheese, and the ingredients for pizza dough. You had been growing impatient so you had started to make the dough without Bucky.  A moment later, you felt an arm slip around your waist and a soft whisper in your ear. "Started without me doll?" Bucky questioned. You turned around to face him, slapping his chest playfully. "You took seven and a half minutes Sarge. What's a girl supposed to do? Wait forever?" He rolled his eyes. "Wow (your nickname) two and a half minutes late to date night. Shoot me." He said with his arms jokingly raised in surrender.  You raised an eyebrow. "You know what. Maybe I will, Buck," you said with mock seriousness, your hands on your hips. He snorted at this. "Doll, everyone knows that your aim is terrible." Your face went deadly serious. "Watch it Sarge or I'll be eating these Pizza's alone tonight, and you'll go to bed without dinner." You warned. Bucky automatically threw his hands up into the surrender position again. "I'm not passing up pizza!" He yelled and you rolled your eyes. "Then behave." He just smirked and gave you a salute. 

In less than half an hour you and Bucky had finished and rolled out the dough, chopped all the vegetables, grated the cheese, and cut up all the different meats Bucky had insisted upon having. You look at Bucky's mainly meat pizza and then turned in his arms to look up at him.  "Buck, don't you think that's a little too much meat on your pizza? And you definitely need more cheese or it's gonna burn." But Bucky grabbed you before you could alter his meat-filled creation. "My pizza, my rules. Also, I'm not putting any more cheese," You held back a laugh. "Bucky you know damn well Tony will kill you if you set the tower's kitchen on fire. Again." "Let him try (y/n)." He said as he slipped both of your personal pizzas into the oven. 

As you waited for your pizzas to be done you sat at the dining room table with Bucky, enjoying a nice glass of your favorite wine and talking about everything and anything. The whole topic of the fire had gotten you reminiscing on how you and Bucky had met. You had been the lucky person who Nick Fury had assigned to watch over the Avengers 24/7, or as you called it "Babysit" and it was always a good time at Stark tower. You had walked in one day thinking you were alone in the tower until a burning smell caught your nose and you heard muffled yelling. "You caught it on fire!" "Yeah, I can SEE that!" "WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?!" "I DON'T KNOW? RUN?" That was all you heard of the conversation before you grabbed the nearest fire extinguisher and ran into the tower's kitchen. After you got the fire out and the smoke cleared, you came face to face with a very flustered Steve Rogers and a very angry looking, but rather attractive brunette man that you didn't recognize. That was almost a  year and a half ago now. 

When the timer you had set went off and you opened the oven you were relieved to see no flames protruding from the oven. You cut up the pizzas and brought them over to the table. You guys enjoyed your pizza and wine. After cleaning up and doing the dishes you retired to the living room to watch a movie or some T.V. You couldn't have asked for a better date night.