The Man I Fell in Love With (Bruce Banner)

**Edited and Revised on 01/26/21**

This imagine was requested by @MorningStarsAngel I hope you enjoy it. 

Imagine: Bruce hulks out and you're able to calm him down

You watched in horror as the citizens of Sokovia ran for their lives as their beloved city was ripped to shreds. You placed a shocked hand over your mouth as your beared witness to the chaos and fear that was running rampant in the streets. Not being able to bear it anymore, you turned the TV off. "What happened?" you asked Tony. You had almost forgotten that he was still on the line after calling you and asking you to turn on the news. "I don't know, (nickname), today's just a bad day I guess." you could hear the concern for his friend in his voice. You ran a hand through your hair and sighed exasperatedly. You and Bruce had been dating for a few months now, and although you were never scared of the other guy, it broke your heart to see him like this. You knew this wasn't something he wanted to be doing, you just didn't know what to do to help him. "We need you here (y/n)" Tony pleaded on the other end of the phone. "I've genuinely tried everything but I  think you're the only one left who can help him. He pleaded with you on the other end of the phone. You chewed a nail anxiously, you weren't sure you'd be able to swing it. Finally, you sighed and gave in. You wanted to help him, you love him. But you weren't sure if you would really be able to. "Ok Tony, I'll help." you agreed before it hit you. "Tony. How the HELL am I supposed to get to SOKOVIA?!" You shouted at him, realizing that Tony clearly hadn't thought this through. "Not to worry, your rides on the roof" he shouted into the phone. When you got up there, Tony was standing there waiting for you. You stared at him doubtfully, you had been expecting a small plane, or maybe a helicopter, not Tony himself.  "Yeah during our lovely little chat I've been making the flight back over here so I would appreciate it if you would just hang on so we can get back before your boyfriend completely levels an entire city." You grumbled under your breath as you let Tony pick you up and take off into the sky. 

Before long, the countryside of Sokovia came into view, and you had to admit that it was beautiful, but you feared for what was to come. You weren't afraid of the hulk. You certainly weren't afraid of Bruce, and you definitely didn't think he was a monster. You feared that you had come all the way over here and that you wouldn't be able to help him. When you had located Bruce, Tony dropped the both of you on the battlefield right in front of him. You stepped cautiously towards him, your shoes echoing on the pavement, everything suddenly sounding much louder than it was as the rest of the world melted away and only the two of you were left. "Hey there big guy," you said softly, not wanting to startle him as you crept closer.  His head snapped his head towards you at the mention of his name. "Hi. I know you're mad. But you've gotta try and stop this ok? For me. For these people. For your team. This isn't you, I don't know what happened, but I know you don't want to do this. It isn't you."  You could feel that with every word that came out of your mouth you were winning him back, so you took a deep breath and kept talking. "You don't wanna hurt all these people. You're stronger than this. I know that you are. This isn't you. This isn't the smart, funny, kind, loving, charismatic guy that I fell in love with. So do me a favor, please? Come back to me, Bruce." You pleaded, hoping your words had resonated with him enough for him to come back to you.  You looked up to meet his eyes for a minute, and you could see that you had won  Bruce back.  You hadn't been paying attention to the scene unfolding in front of you until you felt two arms wrap themselves around your waist and lift you into the air, spinning you around. 

When he finally put you down the two of you stood standing motionless in each other embrace in the middle of the empty street. Until Bruce crashed his lips to yours, kissing you as he had never kissed you before. "Thank you (y/n). For everything. For coming out here. For doing that. For not being afraid." He whispered the last part as he stroked your hair lovingly. You looked up at him and gently turned his head so he was looking at you. "Hey. I would do it anytime it was asked of me. Bruce, I've never been afraid of you. No matter what, your still Bruce, and part of being with someone is loving all parts of them." you said with a shrug. " And I love every single thing about you Bruce Banner. Everything. You're my world and don't you ever forget that" He smiled at you for a minute before speaking, "This is one of many, many reasons why I love you. Because even when my world gets a little crazy, scary, and complicated, you're here. You always were. And you've never left and you have had so many opportunities to do so but you never did. That's why I love you (y/n) because even though the big, the green, and the ugly, you were always by my side."  He kissed you again, gentler this time, slowly but with more passion, more love, more feeling. And for that perfect moment, nothing else mattered. Not the damage, the destruction of the police or the army.