Chapter 1: Friday

Friday
Y/n POV:
It was 8th period on Friday. I was sitting there watching the clock so that I could finally go home. On Fridays I would usually get to go right home but I have to pick up Paddy from the middle school because Tom had soccer, Sam had a cooking class and Harry had a photography class. The bell finally rang and I speed walked to my locker. "Woah woah woah why are you in such a hurry?" Tom asks me when I finally arrived at my locker, well our locker. We shared because he uses his actual locker for all of his soccer stuff.

"I have to go pick up Paddy" I explain "I don't want to keep him waiting." I grab my book bag and begin loading it with my homework materials.

"Are you coming to the game tonight?" Tom asks. I think he already knew the answer would be no. I hated the soccer games, just a bunch of popular girls wearing the shortest shorts they can find to get Tom to notice them.

"Ew no" I respond. Tom frowns. "You know how I feel about those games!" He rolled his eyes as I shut the locker and twisted the lock. I started walking away.

"Byeeeee" Tom says in an annoying tone. He was my best friend but there were periods in time where I just wanted to slap him. I turned around and quickly flipped him off before continuing to walk the other way. He bit his bottom lip and chuckled. Finally I reached the end of the hallway and exited the building. I went to my car and got in before quickly pulling out and making my way over to the middle school. I blasted my music before pulling into a parking spot at the middle school and turning it down so that I wouldn't embarrass Paddy.

"Hey y/n!" Paddy says smiling and opening the car door. I always let him sit in the front because I figured with 3 older brothers that he didn't get to do that much.

"So how was your day?" I asked him as he got situated and put his seatbelt on.

"It was great" he explains "I got an 87 on my science project!"

"That's amazing!" I say pulling out of the parking spot. I began to drive to my house. Paddy was old enough to be home alone but he liked to come to my house and play chess with me. For such a young kid he was actually very intelligent. We arrived at my house and entered through the front door.

"You got a new chess set?" Paddy asks running into the living room where a chess board was set up.

"Yep!" I respond following him into the room. We sat and played chess, ate food and even had time to watch television before I heard a knock on the door. "That's probably Sam." I explain. I go to the front door to open it for Sam.

"Hey y/n!" Sam said with a smile.

"Hey!" I respond "Paddy will be out in a few minutes. I think he's just grabbing his stuff."

"Okay" sam responds. A few seconds later paddy runs out the front door and hugs his older brother.

"Hi Sam!" Paddy says smiling from ear to ear.

"Hey Paddy! Go ahead and get in the car I want to talk to y/n for a second." He explains. Paddy walks away and plays with the radio settings in the car.

"What's up?" I ask giving him a strange look. Sam and I don't talk much. Only when he comes to pick up Paddy or I'm hanging out with Tom.

"You should come to the game tonight." He explains.

"I already told Tom no. I hate social events." I reply.

"Please! He's been talking about how he wanted you to come and see him play all week!" He says.

"Are you guys going right now?" I ask. Sam nods. "Fine gives me five minutes"

"Okay I'm counting" sam says making his way over the his car. I quickly ran to my bedroom and through on a school sweatshirt. It was for student council but it still had the school colors so it was good enough. I put on a pair of leggings and put my hair up in a messy bun. I ran back to the front door and put on my shoes. Then I ran and hopped into Sam's car.