Chapter 12: Tuesday

Tuesday
Y/n POV:
School is finally over and I get to go home. I quickly got into my car and drove home as fast as I could. School was like a prison that kids have to go to every day. I finally arrived and parked the car before getting out. I walked into the house to hear my parents fighting. Could this day get any worse? "We have to go now honey! Do you really want to lose our jobs?" My dad asked at my mom. He wasn't exactly yelling but he did not sound happy.

"We just got home! Don't you want to spend some time with our daughter?" My mom argued back. I guess it's nice to know that one of the still cares about me considering that they don't give me much attention.

"She's the reason we need our jobs! We have to pay for school, the car, this house and college is coming up! I'm packing to make this family money. If you don't want to come it's fine but I'm leaving you" my dad explained walking towards the stairs. He came into the hallway I was in.

"You're leaving again?" I asked with tears starting to form in my eyes.

"I'm not coming back" my dad explained "your mother is a crazy person."

"So I'll never see you again?" I asked.

"Guess not" my father said shaking his head.

"And you don't even care?" I asked letting the tears fall from my eyes. My dad didn't respond, instead he continued his walk to the stairs. I quickly ran out of the house before getting into my car. I drove to the Holland's house hoping Tom would be there. He knew the most about my family dynamic and I was hoping he would figure something out to make me feel better. I arrived and knocked on the door. Paddy answered it.

"Hey y/n" he said looking up at me "are you okay?"

I nodded. "Is tom here?" I asked.

"No he's still at practice" paddy explained letting me in.

"Okay. I'll just be in his room waiting..." I explained. Paddy nodded as I walked to Tom's room.

Tom POV:
After practicing a few drills coach finally let us have a drink break. I grabbed my water bottle and phone while sitting down. My phone started ringing and it was Paddy. That's weird, he never calls me when he knows I'm at soccer practice. "Hey Paddy what's up?" I asked.

"It's y/n" Paddy explained. My heart stopped.

"Is something wrong?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah she came in crying. She didn't tell me why but she's in your room. I know you're at practice but I think you should come home" Paddy explained.

"Okay I'm on my way" I said while frantically hanging up the phone. I ran over to the coach. "Hey I have to go. It's a family emergency!"

"Okay. Hope everything is okay Holland" he responded. I nodded and ran to the locker room to grab my stuff. Once my stuff was gathered I ran off to my car and sped home. I ran into the house seeing Paddy on the couch.

"That was fast" he explained.

"It's my best friend" I responded quickly heading towards my room.

Y/n POV:
Once I got in Tom's room I curled up in one of his blankets. I hope he wouldn't mind. I was still in my school clothes so I went to Tom's closet to put on one of his shirts. After changing I curled back up in the blanket and waited for Tom.

Tom POV:
I swung open my bedroom door to reveal y/n curled up in a ball on my bed. She was I one of my shirts and her makeup was smeared all over her face. I quickly ran to her side to find that she was asleep. I wanted to wake her up to figure out what happened but she can't feel pain whiles she's sleeping so I let her sleep. I quickly took at shower and came back to my room with a towel wrapped around my waist. When I came back y/n was awake and shaking. "Hey hey shhh calm down!" I said gently while running over to her side. I wrapped my arms around the shaking girl while bringing her head to my chest. "Shhhh" I said again while slightly rocking her to get her to calm down.

"Tom" she said quietly. That was all she could get out before sobbing again.

"Shhh shhh it's okay I'm here" I said calmly. After a minute or two of rocking her she calmed down.

"Sorry" she said lightly.

"Don't apologize" I explained rubbing her arm soothingly while her head was still resting on my chest. "What happened?"

"My dad is leaving. I don't think he even cares about me." She said starting to cry again.

"Shhhh it's okay" I said quietly. "Did he say why?"

"For work" She explained "he also said my mom was crazy"

"Maybe that's who you get it from" I said trying to make light of the moment. She giggled slightly which made me smile. After that we just sat in comfortable silence. I looked down to see her head resting on my lap and her arms wrapped around my waist. It was a bit awkward because I was only wrapped in a towel but I knew she needed to be comforted. I pulled the blanket back over her and tried to remain completely still. I heard the door open and I looked up to see Sam.

"Oh my god did you guys do it?" Sam asked with a surprised look on his face. I mean it would make sense I was almost naked and y/n was wearing my shirt.

"Ew no" I explained. When Sam got a closer look he noticed the smeared makeup on y/n's face.

"Is she okay?" He asked.

"Family issues" I explained "I don't know how to help her. I feel so useless"

"Well it looks like you got her to calm down" Sam responded making me feel better.

"Yeah I guess so" I replied.

"So did you guys actually do it or?" Sam asked.

"No get out" I said throwing my practice shirt at him. He quickly ran out of the room.