Chapter 28: Thursday

(WARNING: This chapter may be triggering for those who have experienced the feeling of having a loved one or a friend who was been diagnosed with cancer. Please don't read if you don't feel comfortable. I tried to keep this chapter short so that those people who don't feel comfortable reading don't miss out on too much of the plot. Xoxo.)

Thursday
Y/n POV:
I woke up in the middle of the night to my phone ringing. I hung up and attempted to go back to sleep again. I guess it was something important if someone was calling me this many times at this point in the morning. I grabbed my phone and looked over to my side Harrison and Tom were still sleeping on Harrison's twin bed and I had somehow made my way onto the floor. I went into Harrison's bathroom and shut the door while answering the phone. "Hello?" I asked turning on the bathroom light and squinting until my eyes adjusted to the light in the room.

"Hi sweetie." Someone said from the other side of the phone. I knew this voice, it was my mother. She sounded upset. Something must be really long.

"Mom?" I asked. "Is something wrong why are you calling me this early?"

"It's about your father..." she explained. Did she get back together with him? Did he come back to be in my life so that we can be a family again? I didn't want my excitement or my imagination to get the best of me so I decided to let my mom continue.

"Okay. What about him?" I asked.

"Um I don't know how to say this" she continued. Just say it mom.. it's not that hard to say that my dad came back. Right?

"Mom just say it. It's why you called me anyways." I explained slightly frustrated considering I was exhausted and I wanted to sleep because I had school in the morning.

"Your father has just been diagnosed with stage four cancer..." my mom explained from the other line. My heart dropped. My mind went in a million directions. I was silent and that's really saying something because I talk a lot. "Y/n?"

"Mom... I need to go." I said hanging up the phone. I quickly ran my hand through my hair and sat down on the toilet letting the tears run down my face. I guess I was a little too loud because I heard a gentle knock on the door. I opened the door to see a worried Tom in front of me. Finally sober but very worried. He squinted at the light coming in from the bathroom but I don't think he cared to much about the light considering he was looking at me while I was crying my eyes out.

"Y/n?" He asked. The tears flowed more and I buried my head in his chest. "Sh sh sh. It's okay." He said soothingly while rubbing circles on my back. He didn't even know what was wrong but he was standing here and comforting me. Did I mention that I loved this man? I don't deserve him honestly.

"He- he- he" I tried to get out in between sobs. "He has cancer. He's gone and he has cancer and there's nothing I can do about it."

"Your dad?" Tom asked gently. I nodded into his chest. He picked me up and set me on the counter while closing the bathroom door probably because he didn't want to wake Harrison up. He grabbed a tissue and gently wiped the tears that were flowing down my face. I looked into his brown eyes as they scanned my face for tears. They looked sincere but focused all at once.

"Tom?" I asked, my voice coming out as a slight whisper even though I didn't mean for it to.

"Yeah?" Tom responded.

"I want to be held..." I explained. I expected him to roll his eyes or maybe even laugh. But he didn't. He looked at me with those sincere eyes and didn't even think before responding.

"Okay princess." He responded quickly standing in between my legs and wrapping his arms around me. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. He propped himself up against the counter and slightly bounced me. I felt like a baby but it was what I needed right now. I nuzzled my head into the side of his neck and he was quick to look to the side and leave a slow and gentle kiss on the side of my cheek.

"Sorry for waking you up" I explained even though my voice was definitely being muffled because I was talking into the side of his neck.

"You don't have to be sorry darling. I would never let you go through this alone. You are the most important thing in my life right now. Sleep can wait." He responded.

"I love you" I said softly into his shoulder.

"I love you more" he responded. I think he had come to the conclusion that I had calmed down quite a bit because a few minutes later he opened the bathroom door and shut off the bathroom light. He carried me out and set me down on the bed. He covered me with a blanket and quickly made his way next to me trying to avoid waking up Harrison. Tom continued to rub circles on my back until I calmed all the way down. "You okay now?"

"I think so. Thank you for staying up with me." I responded at a slight whisper to avoid waking up Harrison. Although I'm pretty sure that a bomb could go off in his bedroom and he is such a deep sleeper that he wouldn't notice. (King Harrison. We have no choice but to stan him and his deep sleeping habits.)

"Anything for you." Tom said wrapping his arm around my waist. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes to get some sleep.