Chapter 25: Monday

Monday
Tom POV:
"How come you didn't tell me he was your step brother?" I asked while I watched Harrison grab the books he needed from his locker.

"I didn't think it was that important" Harrison explained.

"Don't you think I should know your step brother? You know all of my brothers! And my dog!" I replied.

"He went to a different school before this. Plus I barely know him." Harrison responded. I rolled my eyes. We walked to my locker and y/n was already there. "Please calm your boyfriend down" Harrison said in passing. He walked off and I grabbed a notebook from the locker.

"What did he do this time?" Y/n asked me.

"He never told me that Van was his step brother." I explained.

"Why does it matter that much?" Y/n asked confused.

"I- just because I don't know... it matters okay?" I responded.

"Okay. When you are ready to talk I'll be waiting" y/n said. I shut the locker and turned the combination lock. I started walking away. When someone pulled on the back of my shirt. I turned around to see y/n. She wrapped her arms around me and I stood there for a moment before doing the same thing.

"I love you" I said softly kissing the top of her head.

"I love you too" she said into my chest. We parted and went off to our classes.

Y/n POV:
I walked to math and made my way over to my seat. "Hey y/n" Van said kindly.

"Hey" I sighed pulling out the chair next to him and sitting down.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Mmm" I said looking up at the ceiling "the school's old tiles that are covered in dust and cobwebs"

He laughed. "How often do they clean those?"

"They don't" I responded. I grabbed my pencil and my notebook to start working on the problems on the board.

"Not in the talkative mood?" Van asked.

"Oh sorry I just have a lot on my mind I guess" I responded slightly chucking.

"Me too" he responded. I looked over at him to see him smiling at me. I smiled back and then got back to work. After a long math class the bell finally rang and we got up. "I swear if I didn't have that class my day would go so much faster"

"Me too" I responded "I usually like math but that class is just boring"

"I'm glad I sit by you though. That makes it bearable" he explained.

"Yeah. You too" I replied. We continued walking and saw Harrison coming from the other way. He walked over to us and continued in the same direction we were walking.

"Did you fix him?" Harrison asked. Slightly whispering because Van was on the other side of me.

"I tried to. He won't talk" I replied.

"You're his best friend! Fix him!" He said.

"I'm trying" I replied.

"What's wrong?" Van asked trying to join the conversation.

"I broke someone" Harrison explained before walking away.

"Wait did he actually-?" Van asked.

"He's weird" I said interrupting him. We both laughed.

"Well this is my class" Van said as we stopped.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked.

"In prison" Van added. I laughed. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same. He waved before entering his class. It was nice to finally have a friend of my own and not just someone who Tom is friends with, no offense to Tom.

Tom POV:
"He hugged her!" I complained to Harrison while running laps in gym.

"That doesn't mean anything" Harrison explained. "Maybe it was friendly"

"You guys are friends and I don't think I've ever seen you guys hug" I explained.

"Well yeah because I knew that you liked her" Harrison responded.

"So your point is?" I asked.

"Make it know that you are her boyfriend." He said.

"I thought of that but I don't want to make y/n upset" I explained.

"Well you are upset currently and I think if you just explain the situation to her afterwards she should understand" Harrison shrugged.

"I just feel bad. I mean it's not anything she's doing..." I explained.

"Did she hug him back?" Harrison asked.

"Well yeah but I mean it would be rude not to.." I explained.

"Maybe she's giving him the wrong message" Harrison responded.

"The wrong message?" I asked.

"Well yeah. I mean don't you think she might be being a little too nice? She walks him to class. She let him sit with you guys at that ice cream place and she hugged him back" Harrison told me.

"She's just being nice" I shrugged.

"Eh" Harrison hinted. I sighed.

"Yeah yeah I'll talk to her about it. If nothing changes then I will make sure he knows that I am her boyfriend and if nothing changes yet again then I will beat-!" I began being interrupted by Harrison.

"Dude we go to states in a week. You can't be suspended." Harrison explained.

"Yeah you are right. Coach would kill me" I responded.

"And I would kill you. How am I supposed to carry the team all alone?" Harrison asked.

"Maybe going to states is a good thing. If I invite y/n then that means she will be spending a good amount of time away from Van." I explained.

"But what if she doesn't come and she is alone with Van?" Harrison asked in a teasing manner.

"You are not helping dude!" I responded.

"Yeah I know I just like it when my life is going better than yours because it doesn't happen often" Harrison teased yet again.

"I'm going to tell Paddy to slap you..." I threatened.

"No not Paddy! His tiny little hands hurt! It's like they have magical powers or something..." Harrison explained m.

"Then stop teasing me and help me out!" I complained.

"Fine fine, I'll help you. Let's make a plan" Harrison explained sounding excited.