Chapter 56: Wednesday

Wednesday
Y/n POV:
I walked into school and felt an endless amount of eyes on me. I went to my locker and put in the combination, I opened it to see all of Tom's possessions missing. I saw Sam in the hall and he walked over to me. "Hey how are you holding up?" Sam questioned.

"I'm okay and I guess Tom has moved on too." I explained motioning to the half empty locker.

"Well that's okay, look at all the room you have." Sam replied and I nodded. The bell rang and we both headed in opposite directions. I was making my way to class when I saw Harrison in the hallway.

"Y/n hey!" He greeted.

"Hey Harrison." I replied with a smile. He looked nicer than usual today substituting a dress shirt for his usual sweatshirt.

"Thanks for helping Paddy and I with the project last night, if you hadn't stepped in I would have been up all night." He praised.

"Yeah of course, no problem. I enjoy helping paddy. He's like the little brother I never had." I explained.

"Isn't his birthday coming up?" Harrison questioned pulling out his phone to check the date.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure it's Friday." I mentioned Harrison frowned.

"Shoot that means I can't visit him because of soccer..." Harrison explained.

"I could bring him to the game." I offered.

"You'd go?" Harrison questioned.

"I mean I don't have anything better to do and paddy likes making fun of you when you mess up." I replied. Harrison laughed.

"Okay that sounds good, I should be getting to class but I'll see you at lunch right?" Harrison questioned.

"Yes, probably." I responded. With that I went to all of my morning classes trying to avoid Tom, avoid looking at Tom, avoid talking to Tom, avoid listening to Tom, and avoid acknowledging his existence. I was doing pretty well until I realized that he sat at Harrison's lunch table. I figured I would have to suck it up at some point so I went to my usual seat and to my surprise Tom wasn't there.

"Yo y/n where is Tom?" Jeremy, a senior on the soccer team, questioned. I shrugged. "Oh gosh, I almost forget you broke up with him. What a weird turn of events. I mean you, breaking up with him? It's like backwards."

"Okay we get it jerm." Harrison cut him off. "Besides I'm pretty sure he's meeting with the athletic trainer because he wants to start playing soccer as soon as possible."

"That's good. I don't want to be put in the game longer then I have to. I'm just on the team so I don't have to take PE." Phillip, a sophomore on the soccer team, shared.

"So anyways y/n did you hear that Paddy got a 110% on his project?" Harrison questioned.

"I'd hope so if two high schoolers had to help him with it." I responded and he laughed.

"Anyways I was thinking about his birthday more and what if we threw him a little surprise birthday party tomorrow. I know it's the day before but I think it could still be fun." Harrison shared.

"Sure that would be fun." I replied. "When do you want to plan it?"

"Well I have soccer practice after school and then I'm supposed to take my sister to the dentist but after that I think I'm free." Harrison explained.

"Okay, is your place okay?" I questioned and he nodded. Later that night I got a text from Harrison saying that he had gotten home from the dentist. I got in my car and drove over to his house. I knocked on the front door and a girl answered it. She looked like Harrison but was most likely a little older.