Chapter 2: Saturday

Saturday
Y/n POV:
My alarm woke me up and I quickly searched for my phone before shutting it off. Today I had the morning shift and work and I wasn't excited about it. I got out of bed and began getting dressed. I worked at a local cafe so I threw on a T-Shirt with the cafe logo on the back and some jeans. I put my hair in a pony tail before running downstairs and putting on my converse. I ran out the door and got into my car before driving to the cafe. Once I arrived I unlocked it and turned on the open sign. The morning shifts were pretty quiet but some high schoolers would usually come in for a study group. I heard the bell ring meaning that someone head entered the building so I quickly put on an apron and went behind the cash register. "Hello sir!" I say in a fake but cheerful voice. Don't judge me I'm just a teenager trying to get tips.

"Good morning" the man replies smirking. Ew. I still held the fake smile on my face.

"What can I get for you today?" I ask.

"Your number" he suggests. Nobody else was in the shop so I got really uncomfortable.

"Um I'm sorry sir I'm supposed to keep it professional here" I respond with a nervous chuckle. "Do you want anything off the menu?"

"Um coffee. Black" he says bluntly. The smirk no longer lingering on his face.

"Okay black coffee" I respond entering it into the cash register "what size would you like?"

"I'm into all sizes baby. No need to worry" he explains. I slowly gulped.

"Um what size coffee?" I ask. Dropping my fake voice.

"Regular" he responds.

"Okay and can I get a name?" I ask going back to my fake voice.

"Trevor. But you can call me Trev" he explains. I quickly turn around and head into the back area where he can't see me to text Tom. Tom was like the high school version of the rock. Basically my best friend body guard.
Texts:

Y/n:
Tom are you awake?

Tom:
I'm at the gym. What's up?

Y/n:
Some middle age creepy old man is hitting on me again.

Tom:
Cafe?

Y/n:
Yes please hurry. Nobody is here.

Tom:
I'm already here.

Y/n POV:
Just like that the shop bell rings. I go back to the front area and begin making the black coffee. I put it in a regular cup and write Trevor on it. "Black coffee for Trevor" I announce. Trevor comes up from the counter grabbing his drink.

"I still haven't gotten your name cutie" he says with another smirk. I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I see Tom behind me. He probably shouldn't be behind the counter but I honestly didn't care at this point.

"Hey babe" Tom says. He's always wanted to be an actor and he was actually really good at it. All I had to do was act natural and this Trevor man would leave me alone.

"Hey" I say smiling at Tom. He smiled back. And then looked over at Trevor giving him a death stare.

"Is something wrong here?" Tom asks.

"Um no sorry I was just about to leave" Trevor says leaving money on the counter and grabbing his coffee.

"Good" Tom responds somehow tightening his grip around me waist. Although it felt like he was crushing my internal organs I felt safe in my best friend's arms. Trevor made his way out of the cafe.