Chapter 51: Friday

Friday
Y/n POV:
It was a usual Friday afternoon. I picked up Paddy after school and brought him back to the Holland household. "Do you want to play chess again today or a different game?" I questioned. Paddy thought for a moment.

"We should play a different name but first we should have a snack." Paddy explained making his way over to the kitchen. He settled on chex mix while I brewed some coffee for myself. After some snacking Paddy wanted to play just dance so that's exactly what we did. I kept letting Paddy beat me but I was still breaking a sweat. Eventually Sam came home and offered to take my spot. I sat on the couch watching the two boys  dance. Sam seemed like he was actually trying to win against his little brother which I found to be fairly comical.

"So y/n how was prom?" Sam questioned.

"It was fun!" I replied. "I was honestly expecting it to be kind of stressful but it wasn't. I just danced with Tom, Paxton and Harry."

"I heard that Tom won prom king somehow." He mentioned. I nodded.

"It made sense though. I mean he is super popular and the reason that the soccer team went to states. And the soccer team is like the only good school team." I replied.

"Our cooking team is good." Sam shared. "I would know. I'm on it."

"You are a great cook Sam, I'll give you that." I complimented. The song ended and Sam won against paddy. Sam started doing a victory dance which was so bad I had to cover my eyes. Sam scoffed at my reaction, heading into the kitchen to get a drink of water. Or I assumed that's what he was heading in there for.

"And a great dancer I guess." Paddy shared making us both laugh. "So y/n are you coming to the soccer game tonight?"

"Of course I am, will you sit next to me?" I questioned and Paddy smiled.

"Yes! You are really good at making fun of Tom." He replied. I laughed. I looked at the time and decided that I should get ready for the game. I put on one of Tom's old jerseys which was decently big on me and I paired it with some jeans. Sam drove paddy and i to the game. We paid for our tickets and then headed over to the bleachers. I sat next to paddy in the front row so I could get the best view of my beautiful boy. The team came onto the field to start warming up and I saw him. I waved and he waved back. "So who do you think is going to win."

"Probably our team. Well hopefully our team." I mentioned looking over at the other team who looked like grown ass men. Paddy shrugged. I watched as my hot boyfriend warmed up. I loved watching him interact with the other guys and run around, there was something so manly about it. Eventually the game was about to start. Harrison and Tom went to the center of the field to talk to two players on the other team and the refs. Then they returned back to their bench and took off their warm up jerseys. That was always one of my favorite parts of the game because Tom would reveal his toned arms. The game was really intense. The score was 5-6 so we were losing but we still had s chance to win. I was watching as Tom was running down the field kicking the ball but a player on the team was running after him. They both went to kick the ball at the same time and Tom's ankle bent weirdly. "Oh no Tom!"

"Tom?" Paddy joined in, both of us trying to get a better view. He tried to play through it but as soon as he went to run again he was limping. His coach called a time out and pulled him out of the game. Tom sat down on the field, a bunch of coaches and medical staff running out to time. I got worried so I ran down the bleachers trying to get onto the field. There was a staff member blocking me but luckily Harrison saw me and let me through the fence. I ran over to Tom saying him laying on the ground as his coach held ice to his ankle.

"What's going on is everything okay?" I questioned.

"Well I'm pretty sure it's broken." His coach explained. "But we are gonna have him go to the hospital to get it looked at."

"Coach it's fine. Just let me play." Tom combated, barely being able to get any words out. I felt so bad for him.

"Your mom would kill me Tom." His coach responded. "Don't worry. Harrison can still win it for us."

"I can't believe this is happening." Tom explained. I kneeled down on the ground next to him, grabbing his hand in mine. I could tell by his face how much pain he was in, although he would never admit it. Eventually we heard sirens going off.

"Alright Holland we are gonna support you and bring you outside of the stadium." His coach described. I let go of Tom's hand as his coach needed it to help Tom up. I followed Tom out of the stadium as everyone cheered for him. There was an ambulance waiting.

"I'm serious, this is unnecessary." Tom explained.

"It's just procedure." One of the paramedics shared.

"Is my girlfriend allowed to come at least?" Tom questioned looking over at me.

"Only family members or staff kid." Another paramedic shared loading him onto the ambulance. The assistant coach hopped into the ambulance with him and I watched as I drove off. I called Sam.

"Hey y/n is Tom okay?" He questioned.

"Um not really. Is there any way I could borrow your keys?" I asked.

"Sure. I'll meet you by the stadium gates." He shared. I received his keys and then took his car to the local hospital. That's where I hopped Tom would be anyways. I saw that his ambulance arrived just before me and I saw him being rolled into the hospital. I followed behind him and the hospital staff as he got taken to the x-ray room. I waited outside with the assistance coach.

"He's a tough kid." The coach explained, trying to start conversation.

"Yeah I just feel bad. It's his senior year and they were undefeated." I responded and he nodded.

"I think it will be good for him to take a break though. He doesn't really stop." The coach replied and I nodded. A doctor came outside of the room.

"So his ankle is broken, he has a trimalleolar fracture." The doctor shared. I frowned. My poor boy. "We are going to keep him here for the night to rest. We will schedule the surgery for tomorrow."

"Thank you." I replied. Eventually Tom was wheeled to his room and lifted into a bed. As soon as he saw me enter his room he smiled.

"Hello love." He welcomed me.

"Hi Tom." I replied walking over to him. "You doing okay?"

"Physically no but I'm doing mentally okay now that you are here." He explained.

"I took Sam's car to get here." I replied making him laugh. "I just had to make sure you were okay."

"Well I'll be okay but the rest of my soccer season won't be." He shared.

"That's okay. You've already done amazing things." I explained resting my hand in his. "So, I heard that you needed surgery."

"Yes tomorrow." He replied. "And a lot of physical therapy. My parents are going to be so pissed. I'm pretty sure coach already called them but they were supposed to be on their date night tonight."

"I'm sorry babes." I explained sitting on the side of his bed. I just wanted to be close to him as if that would take away all of the physical and emotional pain that he was feeling.

"That's okay. They still cleared us to visit Atlanta next weekend." He replied and I smiled. "I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life seeing your beautiful face."

"Same but I would just like to mention now we are not letting our kids play soccer. I don't want any broken ankles." I commented, making him laugh. We were in comfortable silence for a few moments before I yawned.

"Love if you are tired you can go to sleep." He mentioned. I pulled over a chair to the side of his bed and rested of head my his arm.

"I'll try to get some sleep." I explained, nuzzling my head into his warm arm. I tried to ignore the fact that it was also sweaty. "I love you."

"I love you too y/n." He replied. He began running his hand gently through my hair which was so relaxing that I almost fell asleep right away.