Chapter 7: Thursday

Wednesday
Y/n POV:
I woke up next to Tom still a little fuzzy about what happened the night before. Tom had his arms wrapped around me so I decided to wait to get out of bed. I sat there until I felt Tom shifting around. "mmm what time is it?" I hear the voice behind me ask.

"Time to go to school" I explain squirming out of the boy's arms.

"I don't want to go to school" Tom explains "I can have my mom call off for us"

"But we aren't sick and I'm not on my period or anything so we need to go to school" I explained.

"Yeah but we didn't get much sleep because your parents don't care enough about you to let you get some peace and quiet" Tom responded.

"Harsh" I replied to the boy.

"Look I didn't mean it like that. I mean that you deserve better parents." He explained.

"Yeah but at least I lucked out with having an amazing best friend" I said leaning over and kissing his head before grabbing my bag to get changed.

"Y/n I'm serious" he explained "let's stay home today. You need some sleep and we can have some nice quality best friend time together. My mom will understand. She loves you. Plus everyone else will be at school so we will have the house to ourselves."

"I know Tom" I said sitting back down "but you need to go to school because you have soccer practice. You can't let the team down like that."

"I wouldn't be letting the team down" tom pleaded "I have been at every single practice since I was a freshman. I went to every extra practice, workout and conditioning camps. I deserve a break and so do you so let's just stay home"

"I agree" I hear Mrs. Holland say from the doorway of his room. Turns out she has been listening to some of this conversation "you both have been pushing yourselves very hard. You guys need a break and I want you guys to get more sleep. I will call you off and I can call your parents letting them know that you won't be attending school today"

"Oh well you don't have to do that" I explain.

"I insist. You need a break y/n. You are an amazing girl but everyone needs a break here and there. Plus I need someone to watch Tom if he is staying home" She says with a smile.

"Mom I'm not a child" Tom pleaded.

"Oh Tommy you are still my little boy" she says talking over to the boy and ruffling his already messy bed hair.

"Mom why do you always do this in front of my friends?" Tom asks attempting to fix the mess that was located on the top of his head.

"I don't think y/n minds" She says giving both of us a smile before walking out of the room and closing the door behind her.

"Time to go back to sleep" Tom says turning towards me and trying to pull me into the bed. I trying to get away from his grasp but he is too strong for me so I end up falling into bed. Actually falling right onto Tom who was in the bed.

"Ouch Tom" I say rolling my eyes and moving off of the boy.

"I just want cuddles" Tom says making puppy dog eyes at me.

"Nope" I say moving to the edge of the bed. He ends up just moving closer to me before pulling me into his arms and holding me close to him.

"This is why you really need a girlfriend Tom" I explain.

"I have a girlfriend" Tom responds.

"Who?" I ask wondering if he actually made things official with Zendaya. I know he said that he liked me the other day but it didn't go anywhere so I just brushed it off as him trying to make me feel better.