Chapter 14

“Mummy!” She cooed as Lou sat down on the bed next to me.

“Hello baby girl!” She smiled and I handed Lux over to her. “You must be… Kaylee?” I nodded my head still speechless, only if Riley new who I was sitting in front of! “I’ve heard the boys mention you a few times!” She laughed as she bounced Lux up and down on her lap.

“What’s she doing up so late?” Harry asked coming over and sitting with us.

“She wouldn’t go to sleep for me! She kept running around the hotel room yelling your name so I told her to go over and visit you for a bit.” Lou said to Harry as Lux clapped her hands and giggled.

“Well here I am!” He cooed grabbing Lux and lifting her up in her air. “But you have to go to bed, it’s very late!” Harry stood up off the bed and started walking toward the door.

“Her come!” Lux squeaked pointing at me. “Come!”

“Well let’s go Kayls!” Harry chuckled and I hopped off the bed following them all down the hall. Lou opened the room and I walked in behind them. “Ah time for Lux to go to bed!” Harry sang placing her in a small crib. She laid down and he pulled a bright purple blanket over her as she smiled up at him

“Swing Hawwy Swing!” She gurgled clapping. He sighed and smiled as he started singing to Lux.

He started singing Chasing Cars to her and I sat there smiling at the two. “It’s her favorite song… we don’t know why!” Lou says quietly to me and I giggled. When Harry finishes Lux is just about asleep.

“Come on let’s go, she’s practically asleep.” Harry says to me in a hushed tone. I nod and we say goodnight to Lou and walk back down the hall.

“I’m so tired.” I yawn as we walk into our hotel room.

“Then you can go to bed! There’s two beds in each room and there is three rooms. Harry and Louis share a room, Liam and Niall share a room so your stuck with me!” Zayn chuckles as he sits down in the couch.

“Great, with you!” I groan and shoot him a little wink.

“You know you love me!” He shouts making kissy faces.

“For now, but the minute you start snoring I’ll pour water on you!” I giggle as I walk toward my room.

“You wouldn’t dare!” He gasps looking at me with wide eyes.

“Oh but I would, night boys!” I call before shutting the door.                                         

I walk into the room and flick on the light before climbing into the big bed. I pull the big fluffy duvet over me and close my eyes.

The day starts replaying through my mind, the aquarium, the fight, the break up, Jonathan, not going to the hospital for the first time. I missed a day. It hit me, I missed a day. What if he dies tonight? I would never ever forgive myself. Stop thinking like the Kaylee… he will be there tomorrow.

I will get up early and go visit him. Who knows maybe he will be better and I can take him home! I sighed and roll over in the bed.

Jonathan, oh Jonathan… I miss him, I love him. No, I loved him. I can’t hang over him… he’s gone for good and maybe for the better…

I hear the door open and foot-steps. “Kayls you asleep?” I hear Zayn whisper I don’t say anything. I lie there motionless and that’s when I feel something wet trailing down my cheek. I realized I must’ve been crying. “Aw…” Zayn mumbles and sits down next to my body wiping the tears away with the pad of his thumb, I flinch a bit at the cold contact to my skin.

“Hey Zayn man you’ve seen me black t?” I hear Niall’s voice carry through the room. “Aye what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know. I came in and looked over at her and saw tears on her cheeks… but she’s asleep.” Zayn whispered. I heard Niall’s foot steps grow louder until they stopped.

“She’s had a rough day… maybe a bad dream or something…” He mutters to Zayn.

“Yeah, well your t is in Harry’s bathroom. Night Nialler.”

“Thanks man, Night.” Niall leaves the room the door closing quietly.

“Night Kayls.” Zayn whispers and I smile slightly as the flick of the light switch goes off. I hear him ruffle around in his bed until everything is still.

*

20 or so minutes later and I’m still awake all thanks to Mr.Malik. His snoring fills the room and I’m about to keep my promise. My eyes pop open and I look over at the lump of blankets around him with a mischievous grin on my face.

I warned you Zayn.

5 votes for the next chapter please!