Chapter 22

I am so sorry it's been so long guys! I had midterms and i was so busy sorry :(

Uh this chapter is kinda sad again, but i promise the spirits will be lifted up and something really good is going to happen in the next few chapters... ;)

Enjoy!*

Niall’s P.O.V.

All the lads were scattered about the room, either on their phones or talking to each other. I sat in the corner watching Kaylee as she sat next to her Poppy talking to him, what about? I have no clue. It was just above a whisper but I couldn’t make out the words.

It had been an hour and half and the nurses said he should go any minute now. I could tell Kaylee was trying to be strong. She had apologized many, many…. Many times in the past hour about the way she acted even though we tried to convince her it was only normal.

The slow beeping of the machine seemed to slow every few minutes making it aware that the amount of oxygen left was running low. Her small shaky hand was wrapped tightly around his as she leaned her head a top her hand talking.

“Niall, want to go get some food?” The boys asked, I shook my head and waved them off. “Alright, we’ll be right back, okay Kayls?”

She looked up at them and nodded before resuming her position. I sighed running my hands over my face, I was completely wiped out. I was so tired and I just wanted to go back home soon. This stupid storm messed everything up.

I’ve talked to Greg a few times, he says mum is doing better and the funeral is being put off till she is able to attend it. She’s supposed to regain consciousness by Friday meaning the funeral will most likely be Monday or so.

“Niall.” I perked my head up looking over at Kaylee.

“Yeah, what’s wrong?”

“When he…. Di- goes… can you tell the nurses no funeral or nothing?” She whispered biting her lip.

“Y-yeah sure uh yeah.” I replied quickly giving her a small smile. She nodded and looked away back to the way she was sitting before. There was a soft humming sound and I noticed it was Kaylee. I tried to listen to the tune but I couldn’t quite catch it.

I noticed it as ‘How To Save A Life’ by the fray. I smiled as her sweet voice floated around the cold gloomy hospital room in a way bringing it to life. I closed my eyes and leaned back listening, I became more and more soothed making it easy for me to fall asleep.

“Niall.” I heard someone cry and immediately sat up. I looked over and saw Kaylee, her lips pouted and tears dangerously close to pouring out. She just sat there staring at me what seemed like forever. I noticed something missing, the beeping of the heart monitor. She slowly got up, her hand still holding her poppy’s she. She let her grip slip from his before looking over at me.

I looked around the room noticing the boys were still gone. I turned my attention back to Kaylee, watching as her head hung low, small droplets cascading down her cheeks onto the floor. “Niall.” She whimpered again.

I quickly got up running over to her and engulfing her into a tight embrace, her chest against mine, every sob being felt as her chest rose and fell dramatically.

I brushed my fingers through her long brown hair as she gripped the back of my shirt. I heard the door open and looked to see Sivy walk in. She gave me a weak smile before walking out only to return a moment later with a doctor and some more nurses.