Chapter 25

there's some cute Niall and Kaylee action in here ;)

By the time we all got to the ice rink it was already noon and Riley was freaking out because she didn’t think we’d be back in time.

“Riley just shut up and put your skates on.” I groaned sitting down and lacing up my skates. She stuck her tongue out at me before sitting down and putting hers on as well.

I sat back running my hands over my face. I really didn’t want to be here, I wanted to be at home in bed.

“C’mon Kayls cheer up! We’re going to have some fun.” Zayn grinned sitting next to me, skates in hand. I just gave him a weak smile as I waited for everyone else to finish getting ready.

“I can’t walk in these!” Louis complained as we all held onto each other trying to get to the actual rink.

“I’m just going to run for it.” Riley giggled and she took off running, her ankles wobbling in and out. She almost made it when she tripped over the little edge and slid face first out onto the ice. Everyone started dying and it became ten times more difficult to stay up.

Five minutes later and we were all on the ice. Within the last five minutes Liam and Niall managed to collide and slide across the ice. Louis knocked over a little girl trying to do a trick and Harry and Riley were using each other to stand up. Zayn chickened out and stayed on the outside laughing at us all.

I gripped the ledge tighter trying not to fall down onto the freezing cold ice. My fingers were covered by the material of my gloves making it impossible to get any grip.

“Hey Kayls come on we’re going to make a huge chain!” Liam smiled at me and held out his hand. I hesitantly took it as he linked hands with Harry, Harry to Riley and Riley to Louis. Niall came up beside me taking my hand.

“One…Two… Three!” Riley shouted before everyone started going forward. One problem.

The other side was going faster making Niall, Liam and I get whipped around. Liam let go of my hand to try and stop himself from hitting the wall and I fell right on my butt sliding toward the wall, Niall right behind me.

I put my hands out to try to stop the impending impact and to my luck it worked. I sighed my hands pressed on the glass.

All of a sudden one, two, three people slammed into the back of me, my wrist bending back. I let out a shriek as whoever they were backed up allowing me to look at my wrist. It was red and swollen already and it hurt like hell.

“Are you okay?” Harry asked looking at my wrist.

“No.” I whimpered trying to move it. It felt like someone ran over it with a truck, I could barely even feel it right now.

“Looks sprained.” Louis chimed in coming from nowhere. He slung his arm over my shoulder and helped me over to the side where Zayn came and took me to the front desk.

“Hi she uh fell or something and hurt her wrist.” Zayn said to the receptionist. She looked up and grabbed my wrist twisting and turning it, me wincing with every movement.

“Looks sprained, I’ll get the medic.” She smiled sweetly. “Have a seat over their love.”

I nodded and walked over to the seats, glad to have those skates off, Zayn sitting next to me.

“How you feeling babe?” He questioned sitting back on the seat. I just shrugged and held my wrist trying to stop the throbbing pain shooting through it. “It’s okay Kaylee, but moping around won’t make him come back. I know what it’s like to lose someone close to you, but it helps to smile.”