Chapter 54

"Y-you what?" I stuttered out backing away from her.

"I can't have kids." She said barely above a whisper breaking the eye contact we had. I stepped back just looking at her trying to process what she just said. "I-I'm so sorry Ni."

"I just, you, you can't have kids?" I asked in disbelief. "Oh my gosh."

She just sood there looking as if she was about to crumble but for once I felt like I could do nothing. This was completely out of my control. "Can we just go home, please?"

"You can't have kids? Like no babies... nothing." I ran my hands through my hair tugging at the ends of it. 

"Niall I just want to go home." She pleaded her voice cracking. What was wrong with me? Why was I acting like this?

I walked away from her over to where the car was getting in as I watched her walk toward the car slowly climbing into the seat next to me. She slammed the door shut resting her head against the window as the car started pulling away from the curb. 

I could hear her quiet little sobs and whimpers as I stared out the window. Why was I not comforting her? What was wrong with me?

I can't. I don't know why I just can't. "N-Niall we're here." Her voice broke me out of my thoughts on how big of a douche I was being. I nodded getting out of the car as she did, paying the driver. We walked up to the bus waiting for the bus driver to open the door. 

"Hey you guys are back! We were just going to get dinner." Liam smiled as I walked in Kaylee trailing behind me. I didn't tell the boys where we were going or why so they were lost when they saw her walking in crying.

"Kayls what's wrong?" Harry questioned but she ignored him pushing past and going into the bathroom.

I walked over to the couch sitting down and resting my head in my hands. "Care to explain?" Zayn chuckled lightly. 

"Kaylee thought she was pregnant." I spoke up taking a deep breath. "She took tests and they confused her so she went to the doctors today. She found out that... that she uh.."

"Spit it out Niall." Louis urged on sitting next to me.

"She can't have kids." I blurted out. "She can't have fucking kids, like, ever! Never will she have kids." 

The room got eerily quiet as they just exchanged glances. "Why are you not in there with her?" Harry asked. "I mean yeah it looks like you're taking it hard man but she's the one that can't have kids. Do you know what that could do to her? And here you are sitting out here moping about it?" Harry let out a laugh in disbelief. "You can leave her, find another girl that can have kids but she, she's stuck with it. So man up and go be there for her." 

I looked up at Harry my mouth falling open. He was right. He was completely right. I was acting selfish... like it was about me not having kids. 

I got up off the couch walking over to the bathroom and knocking on the door lightly. "Kayls why don't you come out and talk, yeah?"

"I'm fine Niall." She answered back her voice a bit shaky.

"You're not fucking fine Kaylee." I spat. "Get out here because I'm not going to have you sit in there alone." The door slowly opened revealing her messed up hair and her puffy red eyes. I pulled her into a hug, holding her as tight as I could. "It's going to be okay."

"No, no it's not Niall." She looked up at me her lip quivering. "What reason do you have to be with me now? I mean when you're in a relationship it's either going to lead to getting married or a break up yeah? Well you always told me how much you couldn't wait to be married and start a family and have children but you can't do that with me!" She cried letting her self out of the embrace.