Chapter 78

"He's gotten so big." I smiled down at the giggling baby seated on my lap.

"I know, he eats so much." Denise sighed, looking over at Greg accusingly.

"What! He always asks for snacks, I can't say no! I don't want to be the bad parent, that' your job." He grinned recieving a light slap on the chest from his wife.

"So we have a double bed and an air mattress and if needed I'm sure we can run out and get a cot or something." I told them, handing Theo over to Denise for a much needed diaper change.

"Sounds awesome, that should be fine." Niall grabbed their bags from the door and they followed him down the hall to the bedroom.

"Kaylee, do you guys have a tea kettle?" Niall's mom asked me. I nodded and gestured for her to follow me to the kitchen. 

"I'll boil some water, yeah?" She smiled and took a seat at the table as I filled the pot. "Was your flight alright?" 

"Yeah, excellent. Except there was this baby on the plane that would not quiet down." She smirked jokingly. "He's a talker and he can barely even talk!"

"He's going to be a handful, I can see it already." I sat across from her waiting for the water to boil.

"Yeah, well if he's anything like Niall and Greg he will be. They were quite the handful." She sighed leaning her elbows on the table. "I miss when they were little... now they're off on their own, one traveling the world the others got a family of his own."

"Aw, don't worry in no time it'll be the holidays again and you'll get to see them for weeks at a time." I assured her as she smiled nodding. 

"Speaking of missing, Niall leaves soon, what do you plan on doing?"

"Oh right, uh well I started online classes and I'll probably get a part time job to keep busy. Three months I'll be in Paris with him and then it's bye, bye for another 6 months." 

"It'll go by quick dear. Just keep busy, and come visit me, I'm sure we can find something to do together." She laughed as the tea kettle whistled throughout the kitchen.

"Don't worry I will. I can't be alone for to long, I hate it. I don't want to tell Niall though, he'll get worried and leaving will be harder." I shrugged pouring the hot water into mugs placing the tea bags inside.

"Get a pet, that's what I did. Got my little kitty and she keeps me great company." 

"Really? I'll look into that." I placed her mug in front of her as she blew on it, cooling it down a bit. 

The others came back into the kitchen each grabbing their own cup of tea and taking a seat. It was already pretty late so we all agreed to just stay in.

It was great seeing Niall with his family, they really did make him happy and it seemed to take a bit of the stress off him. 

"Night guys." Niall called out the door down the hall before shutting it. "It's great having them here." He smiled taking off his shirt and climbing into the bed. 

"Hey, what do you think about getting a cat?" I asked turning around to face him.

"A cat?" He chuckled. "I mean yeah, I guess. Someone to keep you company while I'm away." 

"Yeah, exactly. So you're okay with it?" 

"Of course babe." He smiled kissing my forehead. 

"That one." I smiled pointing to the fluffy little kitten behind the glass currently entertained by a peice of fuzz.

"You sure?"