Chapter 82

Niall's P.O.V.

"Mom I don't have time for questions!" I groaned spinning around a nurse pushing a patient in a wheelchair. "Hi uh Kaylee McKinley, she's in labor im her fiance, where is she???" I asked, my breath catching after every word.

The nurse didn't even look up, her finger pointing to a door that said maternity hall. I looked behind me and everyone else was still coming in the doors.

"I told you Kaylee you shouldn't have gone to the grocery store especially without me" "your do any day" "don't do it" "my son will not be born in the fruit aisle"

But she did it anyway and now look where we are.

"Excuse me what room is Kaylee Ho- McKinley in?" I asked a doctor as he was shuffling through papers on a clipboard.

"Your luck, I'm heading there now. Let me guess, the father?" He chuckled looking up and down at my frantic appearence. I smiled sheepishly following him down the hall. "I love seeing first time dads, it's the only humor to this job."

"Well glad my nerves are humoring you." I chuckled ringing my hands together. The doctor stopped and opened the door, my soon to be lovely wife screaming her head off. But no not out of pain, out of hunger.

"Ma'am the baby is on it's way, you can't eat right now." The nurse explained handing her some pills and a cup of water.

"I'm absolutely starving!" She whined taking the pills and then looking over at me. "Hey babe, got any snacks for me?"

"Uh no, how are you?" I asked grabbing her hand. 

"Good, good, starving, excruciating pain from everywhere but good." She smiled sweetly in a skin crawling sarcastic tone. 

"Alright ready to get this baby out?" The doctor asked sitting in front of Kaylee. 

"Sooner it's out, the sooner I can eat." The nurse injected a shot into her upper arm and a few minutes later she became a bit drowsy but still aware. 

"Alright now you're going to push until I say stop." The doctor told her and she nodded, her hand squeezing mine.

30 minutes later and she was still pushing, gosh I wasn't even giving birth and this feels painful, my hand is practically crushed. 

"You did this to me! This is your fault!" She shouted looking up at me.

"Ah a classic." The doctor laughed. "Almost there love, c'mon." 

After another half an hour we heard crying and this time not from Kaylee. The sound of the baby had my heart doing jumping jacks, my throat completely dry. 

"A healthy little baby boy, the nurses are going to clean him up and then he's all yours for a little." The doctor smiled taking off his gloves. "Congratulations."

"You did it!" I grinned wiping the sticky hairs away from her forehead before kissing it. The nurse came over and handed the baby to Kaylee, the cutest thing I've ever seen. 

"He's healthy just really small. He's 17 inches long and weighs about 6.8 lbs, but no worries he's all healthy. It's normal, when young adults have babies they tend to be much smaller. Congratulations"

"Nathan." Kaylee smiled and looked up at me. "That's what he looks like."

"I like it, baby nat!" I chuckled admiring my son.

It's so surreal, I have a son. "Want to hold him?" She questioned and I began to get nervous, what if I dropped him or something? "Here, sit down." She scooted over and I sat next to her as she placed Nathan into my arms.

"Go get everyone,  I want to get it over with." Kaylee giggled reaching her arms out to take Nathan back.

"Well it's a boy, his names Nathan." I grinned walking into the lobby where everyone was seated. A synchronized cheer sounded getting some glares from employees. 

First I brought in mum and the family as well as Kaylee's mum and Simon, didn't want to many people in the room.

"Aw, he's so adorable." My mum cooed placing her hands over her mouth, so emotional. "He's got Niall's nose, can't wait to see those beautiful eyes.

"Me too, he's so sleepy." Kaylee mumbled readjusting his little blue hat. After about 20 minutes everyone parted letting us know they'll be by during the week.

Now for the loud crowd, the boys and oh Riley. "Don't be too loud." I warned them as we walked into the room.

"I call holding him first." Riley whisper yelled elbowing her way to the front of the group. "I'm an aunt." She laughed looking down at the baby. "How do you feel?" She asked Kaylee sitting next to her on the bed. Kaylee leaned in and whispered something in Riley's ear making the two erupt into laughter followed shortly by a little baby cry.

"Oops." Kaylee took Nathan from Riley and held him close to her chest silencing his little cries down to meerly whimpers.

"So was it like painful?" Louis asked as everyone took a seat.

"Duh." Kaylee rolled her eyes looking at Riley. "But worth it. I mean isn't he the cutest kid you've ever seen?"

"Sure is, I mean look at his father." I smirked winking at her. "Gonna have to Skype Ryan later and let him meet Nathan, it's been a while since we saw him."

"Mhm, maybe tomorrow, I'm super tired." She said getting interupted by a yawn. I stood up and took Nathan from her and he fidgeted before getting comfy in my arms. The lads and Riley stayed for a bit longer all holding Nathan before leaving to head back home for dinner. 

"My mum can't wait to see the little guy. Congratulations guys." Harry smiled giving me a pat on the back. 

A bit later a nurse came in, informing us that we could leave in a couple hours once Kaylee learned how to breastfeed and everything was set up to go. "Uh, do you mind if he stays in the room?" The nurse asked Kaylee as I sat in the chair.

"He's seen a boob." She giggled making the nurse laugh. It took about an hour for her to pick up how to do it and a half hour later we were heading home with Nathan.

"He's so tiny, I feel like I'll break him." She whispered as she sat in the back seat holding the little bundle of blankets wrapped around Nathan.

"Don't break him please." I chuckled and she just rolled her eyes, gosh I love her. "So I moved the crib into our room this way for the first few weeks we won't have go back and forth and we can hear him."

"Good thinking bub. I want him to open his eyes, I'm dying to see the color, this kid sleeps through everything." She complained looking up at me in the mirror. "Just like his damn father." 

"What can I say?" I shrugged winking at her. When we got home Kaylee was asleep within the first 20 minutes. Yes, my time.

I sat on the chair with Nathan in my lap watching the game on tv, Kaylee passed out on the couch. I could get used to this. 

He started to move aroud a bit letting out a few whines, his hand grabbing at my finger. I just laughed, he had a tough grip. I watched as his face scrunched and unscrunched, his eyes opening up.

"Well that's new." I mumbled watching as the little baby stared up at me. His left eye was pure blue, like Kaylee's and his right I was an almost emerald green. "Unique." I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of him, my pinkie in his mouth all covered in baby spit.

'Little guys got some cool eyes! say hello to the new member of the fam, baby Nat!xx' I uploaded the picture to instagram and twitter and my goodness were people going insane.

"All the ladies already love ya!" I cooed poking his nose making him smile. "Ladies man I tell ya." 

"What ladies man?" Kaylee grumbled sitting up and rubbing at her eyes.

"C'mere, he opened his eyes." I smiled and she sprung off the couch coming to sit on the arm of the chair. 

"Woah, is that normal?" She laughed taking him