Chapter 80

Niall's P.O.V.

"So what made you pop the question?" The interviewer asked as she leaned forward, glancing at the camera. All the boys tilted their head toward me, unsure of exactly why I actually had. After only a year? 

I thought back to when I said goodbye to her at the airport a few days ago. How sad she was to leave but how happy she was to have come at all. She was crying, and I was the reason for it, Because she was leaving me. She wasn't going to be with me. 

And I cried for the same reason. The reason of being without her. That's how you know you love someone. When the thought of being without them brings you to tears, makes your stomach drop, your heart slow down or maybe speed up, racing to keep them near you. 

You love them and you want to be with them to make sure they're happy and smiling. To make sure they're laughing not crying and smiling not frowning. Just the idea, right now, of the image of her smile is enought to get me through the rest of this tour. Knowing that, yes right now she's not with me but in a matter of months she will be, and we will have our own family soon after. 

The thought of our little boy laughing with us and crying when he's not with us, because he loves us.

The thing is, it's easy to love someone but it's hard to care about someone. When you care about someone, you care about how they make you feel. How happy they make you or how sad they do. It's a lot to take on, caring. But it's easy with the right people. It feels good to care and love someone just as much as they do you. 

I talked to her 10 minutes ago on the phone and i already miss her. I'll be thinking about how she wished me good luck while hiccuping inbetween syllables until the next time I hear her goddamn voice. Or when her voice rose a few octaves because Frankin came into the room. Or how evident the smile was in her voice when she told me for the hundreth time, "I can't believe we'll have our own family, our own son soon." 

When you love someone you miss them always, even when they've only just gone up to get a few napkins at the fastfood place or they just ran out to go food shopping. You miss them cause they're not with you and anything could happen to them. Missing someone is apart of loving them, apart of caring about them. 

When she called me a couple of days ago, her voice shakey on the first 'hello', my stomch dropped cause she was crying. Crying is linked with sadness in the mind. When you see someone cry you think they're sad, so I thought she was sad. But she wasn't. She was happy because we were having a baby who was going to be a boy. And I just wanted to be there, to hug her, kiss her, anything but the only thing I could do was say I love you and sound excited. I was excited, but I wanted to be excited with her. 

"I 'popped' the question because I love her, as anyone could assume. But every love is different. I love her because of so many reasons that I couldn't even begin to list, but I will. I mean, she's amazing and just asking her this question and her saying yes is like her giving me all of her love, love that won't be given to anyone else. It's all mine. I asked this question because the thought of her kissing someone else and saying I love you to them repulses me to the point of sickness. I want to be the only person she can say I love you to. I've accomplished a lot in the past few years. Sold out tours, arenas, made albums and met amazing people but when she said yes, gosh, I'd never felt happier in my entire fucking life." I smiled shaking my head. "It's just indescribable what it feels like for someone you love so much to say yes to being with you for the rest of your life. It really is." 

And when I looked up at the interviewer, this young, beautiful girl she was crying and she held out her hand and showed me an extremely nice engagement ring. "It feels the same way on our side too." She smiled, wiping at her eyes where her make up began to run. "Us girls, it's our dream and you boys, you guys get it too."