Chapter 18

“I’m sorry…” I whispered before standing up.

“Kaylee wait.” Niall’s voice stopped me as I reached for the door handle. I slowly turned around my eyes falling to his. “It’s your grandfather… I-I mean your poppy… isn’t?”

“What do you mean?” I questioned nervously playing with my fingers.

“He’s the one you keep freaking out over… he is he.” He spoke confidently yet unsure if he should be discussing this subject with me.

“Yeah it is…” I replied biting my trembling lip.

“If you don’t mind me asking… what happened?” I sighed and walked over to the bed taking my original seat.

“Uhm, he’s in a coma. Has been for the past three years… something happened my mom never told me… no one will. One day I came home from school and my mom was sitting in the living room, tissues sprawled across the cushions to our couch. She told me to sit and I did without questioning it. She says to me, “You’re grandfather is in the hospital in a coma and they don’t know how long it will be till he wakes up.” I stopped taking in a sharp breath.

I felt Niall’s hand come over to where my leg rests as he placed his hand down unsure of his gesture but I didn’t push him away, I let him.

“Uh my mother wouldn’t tell me what happened… she seemed guilty as she spoke… I didn’t push it any further though. Every single day I have visited him… that was until recently.”

“I will take you to see him… so you don’t have to go alone.” Niall said his voice cracking.

“I’ve been going alone the past three years so it wouldn’t make a difference.” I laughed half-heartedly. “I just really miss him.”

“I’m sorry… I’ve been so fucking rude to you… I had no idea that…. That a girl like you has been through so much. Gosh I hate myself.” He said through gritted teeth retracting his hand from my leg. I could hear his hands ruffle through his hair.

“Niall don’t hate yourself… I’m already doing that for you.” I laughed bitterly.

“Yeah I know… hey, why did you kiss me?” He asked abruptly changing topics.

“I-I don’t know… I didn’t mean to…” I mumbled. I couldn’t help remembering how I felt when his soft pink lips collided with mine… the spark that went off.

“Oh okay… uh can I ask you one more question?”

“You just did.” I giggled trying to lighten the mood.

“Don’t be sassy Kayls.” Niall chuckled. Kayls.

“Fine go for it.”

“When we… kissed… did you feel anything?”

“I’m going to be honest with you… yeah I did Niall.” I breathed running my hands over my face. “But I just can’t shake the feeling of hate when I see you… I’m sorry, you ripped something that has been apart of my life since forever away from me… and that’s going to take more than one kiss make that hate go away.”

“I figured.” He laughed shaking his head. “But Kaylee… I hope you know I’m not going to give up on you. I will do everything I can to make you see how sorry I am… and maybe just maybe get that hate to go away…”

“Okay Niall… I believe you. Also please, promise you won’t tell anyone else about my poppy.” I pleaded.

“Sure, anything for you Kayls.” Niall whispered kissing my forehead before getting up and leaving the room.

I let out a deep sigh and fell back on the bed staring up into the dark atmosphere.

I just want to be home, not at some hotel with people I just met a few days ago.

No, I wanted to be home, with my mom or Riley having fun and not having to constantly avoid someone who ruined my life.

The worst part is after that stupid kiss my hate for him has decreased making it less of a challenge for him to get it to completely disappear.

I can’t help it. A little part of me is saying, Niall is a good guys, he truly is sorry give him a chance. Yet, the other part just reminds me of what he did…

“Kaylee… you in here?” I heard Harry’s voice from the doorway.

“Yeah over hear.” I mumbled sitting up on the bed.

“Oh hey, want to come watch a film with us? Lou let us borrow this portable battery powered DVD player.”

“Uh yeah sure.” I smiled getting up off the bed and feeling my way over to the door. “I hate this whole dark thing… it doesn’t work for clumsy people like me.” I giggled as Harry slung his arm over my shoulder guiding me into the living room where all the boys sat the room looking a bit brighter than earlier.

“Kayls! Come on we saved you a seat!” Louis smiled patting the seat next to him. I skipped over jumping onto the cushion becoming squished between Zayn and Louis. “What are you putting on Li?”

“Uh how about Pitch perfect?” He questioned cocking his eyebrow.

“Yes! I wanted to see that so bad!” Zayn said jumping up and down in his seat. Liam just chuckled and shook his head as he set it up. He placed it on the coffee table so we could all see the small screen as the movie began to play.

I was laughing almost the entire movie, but the real question is who wasn’t? It was one of the funniest films I had ever seen! Niall and Zayn laughed the most though, both of them had tears coming out of their eyes!

“Man, that was hilarious!” Niall chuckled as the end credits rolled over the screen.

“Agreed!” We all chorused as Liam shut the player off. I stood up off the couch stretching a bit letting a yawn escape my lips.

“Yawning is contagious you know.” Harry smirked as he himself yawned. I giggled as all of is kept yawning desperately trying to stop.

“Okay enough!” Liam laughed turning away from all of us.

“I… can’t…. stop!” Zayn laughed in between yawns. I giggled as Zayn kept yawning over and over again his features turning frustrated as his attempts to stop failed.

“I have an idea!” Louis cheered looking over at Harry. He whispered something as Harry looked from me to Niall and back to me.

“Who’s up for a game of truth or dare… dark edition?” Harry smirked.

Well there you have it. Chapter 18 ;) So comment, vote and fan for the next chapter! Also what do you think will come out of this truth or dare game.... a new couple? ;)