Chapter 70

Harry's P.O.V.

I sat on the sofa while Riley sat at the table, I stared at her as she chewed on her lip anxiously, her eyes scanning over the papers. She took her pen between her lips biting down infrequently, her legs tucked up into her chest, feet off the floor.

"What are you staring at?" She asks looking at me snapping me out of my gaze.

"Uh, uhm, uh you." I laughed timidily my face heating up. I take in the color her cheeks get at my confession. "You just look really pretty right now." She laughs lightly looking down at her pajama pants, her top half clad in my sweatshirt. 

"Well at least you think so." She giggles. She places her pen down on the table running her hands over her face letting out an exasperated sigh. "This is a lot."

"Babe, come take a break, you've been doing work for hours and I'm bored." I pout patting the seat next to me. She huffs dragging her feet across the floor before falling onto the couch lazily relaxing into my side. 

"I forgot what real work was like." She joked as she situated her self to put her head in my lap. My fingers ran over her scalp twirling at the few loose strands from her bun.

"Yeah, but you know it's going to be worth it." I sighs as she closes her eyes nodding. "Oh, by the way we are supposed to be going to some type of open bar thing tomorrow night, you know." I mumbled as she let out a little 'mhm' not bothering to open her eyes. 

I stared at her for a little while, she was so beautiful, honestly. We've been going out for what, a month or two? and I feel like I've known her forever. I could sit right here all day asking her a million questions about her life finding every answer interesting. I'm infatuated with her voice, the way her lips move when she speaks, the way her nose crinkles up when she's uncomforable or the way her pupils get so enlarged when she's angry, and the way her foreheaad creases when she upset. 

You notice those things, those stupid little things, because you love someone. I know I love her, even after this short time, but I don't know. I feel like I'm not supposed to say it yet. I want to, I want to see how she will react. Does she love me too? 

My eyes flicker down to her, she's awake, but her eyes are still shut. I want to tell her now, I want to see how she reacts. "Riley, I have to tell you something..." I trail off gently.

Her eyes flutter open to look up at me intently. "What is it?'

"I-" I'm interupted by a heavy knock on the door. I groan as Riley moves off of me. This better be good....

I open the door to see a panting, red faced Niall. "H-harry I need.. do you have cond-"

"Oh hey Niall." Riley appears beside me, halting Niall's sentence. His face is flushed, clear love bites scattered down his neck. He looks over at me and I nod quickly walking to the bathroom. I always keep them under the sink, just in case. I take out the packet and put it in my palm. I subtly slip it to Niall and he silently thanks me before bolting down the stairs.

"He looked a mess." Riley laughed completely innocent. I chuckled but not at her statement, more at her. She was innocent, as much as she hates to admit it, she's not as tough as she thinks she is. "What were you going to say before?" She asks again sitting on the sofa.

It's not right now, it doesn't feel right. "I was just going to say I think we should maybe eat something, it's almost lunch and I'm hungry." I smiled at her and she nodded seeming to agree. 

My mind wanders to exactly how innocent Riley is, I want to know. I watch as her hands move from the bread to the pack of pepperoni on the counter... "Hey Riley, can I ask you something?" She nods without taking a break from making her sandwich. "It's kind of personal, you don't have to answer..."