Chapter 45

THIS TOOK SO LONG TO WRITE AND I TRIED TO MAKE IT REALLY LONG! SOME VERY... INTERESTING STUFF HAPPENS SO PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE AND READ THE NOTE AT TEH END PLEASE!

DEDICATED TO @key_blondie FOR THE AWESOME IDEA!

I looked over at Niall as he bit his nails nervously. I know it was hard for him to come out here with me when he's with the boys on tour. I'm grateful for having someone like him in my life. 

"Ni, ready?" I asked as the cab pulled up. He nodded and stodd up grabbing my hand as we walked up to the cab slipping in the back. I gave the guys the directions to the hospital and he nodded driving away from the airport.

He leaned back sighing. We were both tired from the long flight. Our flight had got delayed and left two hours later, it was nearly 10 c'clock! 

I leaned my head on Niall's shoulder as I ran my fingers over his smooth arms.

He sighed as we pulled up to the hospital. He paid the taxi driver as we got out walking into the lobby. 

"I'm here to visit Jonathan Benigans." I told the receptionest.

"Name?" She grumbled not even looking at me. "Wait are you Kaylee?"

"Yes." I told her and she reached into a drawer pulling out two passes. She handed them to me telling me where his room was. "Thank you ma'am." I smiled as Niall grabbed my hand leading me over to the elevator.

We got in pressing the floor 4 button and waited as it moved up. I nervously tapped my foot as I watched the floor dial go up.

As soon as it dinged i walked out looking at the door numbers until I saw number 36. I pushed the door open. The only sound was my flip flops against the white tiled floor and the faint beat of a heart monitor.

"Kaylee?" I heard a faint voice call before I saw Jonathan's mom, Joan, pop out from behind the curtain. "Oh thank goodness." She sighed walking up to me and pulling me into a hug.

"How is he?" I questioned as she pulled away a bit. 

"He hasn't woken up since we spoke on the phone before." She mumbled turning around. She beckoned me and Niall to follow behind her.

"Oh my gosh..." I took in a sharp breath as I looked over his injuries. He had a neck brace on, a bandage wrapped around his face was covered in multiple bruises and cuts.

I walked up to Jonathan placing my hand over his. It was cold and clamy... It reminded me of my poppy's.

No, no... no! Jonathan can't end up like him! He can't...

"Kaylee dear are you alright?" Joan asked softly. I nodded looking up at her. "Okay, well visiting hours are almost over. I can stay because I'm immediate family so you kids can stay at the house."

"Thank you, I'll be back tomorrow morning. I-I can brin you some clothes and stuff." I smiled warmly at her.

"That's perfect. Thank you babe, and here are the keys, the car is parked in the car park." She told me placing a pair of keys in my hand. "See you guys tomorrow, goodnight." She smiled.

"Goodnight, and by the way this is Niall." I told her introducing Niall.

"I know, I think we've met before." She smiled over at Niall.

"Yes we have. Nice to see you again." He smiled politely. 

"Likewise, well goodnight." She smiled before walking back behind the curtain.