Chapter 16

I sat there listening to the loud sobs that slipped out from under the door of Niall and Liam’s room. I looked over at Harry as he paced back and forth clearly worried about his best mate.

“Lou… what time is it?” I asked looking over at Louis who was lying down on the couch, hands folded on top of his stomach.

“It’s ten after eight love.” He sighed turning his gaze back up to the blank ceiling.

I have to go.

Now.

I waited too long; I should have been at the hospital an hour ago to see him. How could I let myself get too distracted! I quickly got up and walked into the bedroom running over to one of the dressers.

Wait, this isn’t my house I have no clothes. I sobbed and fell back onto the bed running my hands through my long brown hair. “Kayls you alright?” I heard a voice say. I turned around to see Zayn walking in. I sat up and sighed.

“Not really…”

“What’s wrong babe?” He questioned, concern laced in his voice as he stared at me intently.

“I… I’m supposed to be somewhere right now… but I have no way to get there and no clothes and…” I didn’t finish. I just simply fell back and closed my eyes. “I just really have to go.”

“Well… it’s down pouring right now… It’s a pretty bad storm. It’s supposed to be really bad… I mean they cancelled our concert tonight. Uh I think they called it hurricane Sandy on the news?”

I sat up quickly my mouth agape. “Are you kidding me?” I hopped off the bed and ran over to the window. It was raining hard and fast… I couldn’t even see five feet from the window. “No… no… not two days… not two days.” I mumbled to myself pacing as I pulled at the ends of my hair.

“Kayls what’s wrong? Why do you keep saying you have to go or not two days…? What do you mean?” I stopped to look over at Zayn his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“I… I can’t tell you. I’m sorry Zayn.” I frowned sitting down on the nearby chair.

“Well… if you ever want to talk I’m here. People say I’m a good listener… and I keep a pretty good secret to.” He offered me a small smile and I smiled weakly at him.

“Thanks Zayn… I may have to take you up on that offer.” I giggled. “Do you know what’s wrong with Niall by any chance?”

“Uh… something with his parents. We’re not entirely sure… he can’t bring himself to say it. He gets so close and then he just breaks down and cries. Harry is on the phone with his brother Greg now trying to figure out what’s wrong… poor kid is destroyed.” Zayn looked down at his hands and twiddled his fingers.

These boys really do care for each other. You can see it. The way they talk, act, even look at each other is amazing. You’d think that they knew each other their entire lives!

“Uh Kayls your phone is buzzing.” Zayn told me throwing my cell phone over. I looked down at the caller ID and sighed.

“Hello Kaylee, are you alright?” I heard one of the nurses act.

“I’m fine… I… I don’t think I can make it again today…” My voice cracked at the end. I got all choked up just thinking about not being there to visit him for two days.

“It’s alright. I actually was calling to talk to you about that. It’s bad out there and I don’t want you getting hurt. He will be fine, I promise you. We have all the generators ready to go in case we lose power… you have nothing to worry about.” She reassured me.