Chapter 21

The beginnings a bit rough but the ending is sad :( Don't cry, you probably won't but still. Hope you enjoy! :)

~Liv xox

Niall’s P.O.V.

I looked over at Kaylee as her perfect cheeks had streaks of tears running down them. “I thought he’d be awake by now… I completely forgot about that… I never thought they would have to… to…” And she couldn’t finish her sentence. Sob after sob left her perfect pink lips.

“Kaylee I am so sorry.” I said for the millionth time. I just wanted to hold her in my arms and make all the pain go away, make her stop hurting stop crying.

“I don’t want him to go Niall… I know he’s going to wake up.” She whispered as she looked down at the floor.

“Kaylee?” I said but it came out as more of a question.

“Y-yeah Niall.” She responded looking over at me as she wiped her tears away.

“Can I uh hug you?” I asked awkwardly. It was just a hug but considering she… well hates me it really isn’t.

“Please.” She whispered as she got up and walked over to me.  I stood up and opened my arms as she fell into them, her cheek rested against my chest as my chin fell on top of her head. “I shouldn’t have made you come… I’m so sorry.” She cried burying her face into my chest.

“Kaylee it’s fine. I know I wouldn’t want to go through something like this alone… I’m here for you.” I told her kissing the top her head. “I’ll always be here for you.” I mumbled hoping she didn’t hear it.

“Niall, I’ll go with you.” She stepped back and looked up at me as she sniffled. I gave her a confused look and she sighed. “I will go with you back home… if you want me to. I don’t want you to have to go alone.”

“W-would you really?” I asked in disbelief. She nodded and looked over to her poppy as he laid on the bed. “Well I’m leaving in two days.”

“Okay… I’ll give you the mone-“

“Kayls you aren’t paying for anything, I got it. Thank you.” I smiled pulling her into another tight hug. Her breaths were shaky as she cried a little longer, my t-shirt probably becoming stained.

“Ms.Kaylee… uhm would you like to figure this all out now or when?” The doctor asked as he came back in. She looked up her small hands fisting at my shirt.

“Now… are you sure you have to?” She asked her voice barely above a whisper.

“We have to… it’s the hospital rule. After 3 years of hospitalization, if there has been no improvement we have to pull the plugs.” He stated sitting in the stool. “Would you like to pull it tonight? What will happen is we will pull it and let everything run out, all the oxygen and what not…. There isn’t an absolute time he will go but it will be between hour 2 and 3.”

“Tonight? I don’t… I’m not sure if I can…” She looked up at me again and I bit my lip not sure what to say. “Okay, fine tonight.”

“Alright go home, eat something and come back and we will do it. We have to get a few things ready.” He stood up and walked over to Kaylee giving her a small hug. “He was a great man… I’m sorry.”

And with that he left the room. “C’mon Kaylee let’s go back to the hotel and get something to eat.” I grabbed her hand and pulled her after me but she didn’t budge.

“No. I’m staying here you can go…. I’ll be fine. I’ll see you later.” She pulled her wrist from my grip and turned around sitting on the chair grasping her poppy’s hand.