Chapter 5: SCP-294

A month had passed by and the group was enjoying their new lives in the SCP Foundation. Freddie, Drista, Dustin and Adrian were enjoying their time as field personnel, while Athena was enjoying her time as a researcher.

The four were running a military course with Riley instructing them, to help them to recognise the dangers and fundamentals in armed combat. Riley was with them, only because the four were still training.

They were also wearing their new military uniforms, but with varying colours, reflected on the group's favourite colours. Drista was wearing forest green, Freddie was wearing light gray, Adrian was wearing royal blue, and Dustin was wearing crimson red.

Same as the other soldiers, they had a black SCP Foundation logo on their left sleeve. Besides that, they have black vests with 'SCP' on it, black pads, black pants, and black boots.

"Run through the gate!" Riley told the four through a loudspeaker.

With that, the four ran towards the gate, but they were running at the same time and ended up getting stuck in the gate.

"What the? Guys, get outta the way!" Dustin told the others.

"No!" Drista opposed. "You get out of my way!"

"Come on, I know we have to stick together and all, but not like this!" Adrian said. "Fredman, how much time do we have?"

"We don't have much time!" Freddie answered. "Stop moving for a minute!"

The four then stopped moving, in order to listen to what Freddie has to say. He thought of what to do to get unstuck.

"Alright, Drista. Try to weave through." Freddie told the tomboy. "You're the smallest out of all of us."

"Got it." Drista responded and started to try and get out.

After a few seconds of struggling, Drista got unstuck from the gate, but doing so made her drop to the ground.

With one of them unstuck, the rest of the group also got unstuck and fell to the ground with Drista. They were breathing heavily, because of how tiring the course was.

"That's... actually not a bad time."

They looked up to see Riley in front of them, holding a stopwatch in his right hand. He was wearing his new field duty uniform, but his colour was navy blue, which was the default color for the field personnel.

He wasn't wearing his mask, but was still wearing his helmet. He has revealed that he has fair skin and brown eyes, but the group had seen his face a couple of times now.

The four stood up, but they were still breathing heavily because of how tiring it was.

"Billy, tell us..." Adrian said to the corporal, slowly regaining composure. "How'd we do?"

"You guys have completed the course in... eleven and a half minutes..." Riley responded.

"And what's the average time?" Freddie asked.

"Average time is... five minutes..." Riley answered.

The group was surprised.

"Are you kidding me?" Drista asked.

"Goddammit." Dustin responded.

"I mean, hey, that's really not a bad time." Riley reassured the group. "You guys did better than last week, but the slip-ups still slowed you guys down."

"I don't think we had any slip-ups this time." Dustin tried to lie.

"I can assure you, you still did." Riley pressed. "Come on, I can show you the footage of you guys running the course."