Chapter 103: SCP-1281

Twelve Years Ago

"Over here, come on!"

"Hang on, Drista! Wait for us!"

"Well, the meteor shower isn't gonna wait for us either! Come on, we're gonna miss it!"

"Drista, if you keep running like that, you might trip and get hurt!"

A young Drista was running slightly ahead of her two friends, Dustin and Athena, and her older brother, Allen, as she was excited to see the upcoming meteor shower in the night sky.

They figured that they should head up to the nearby hill to get a better view. As the young tomboy ran ahead, the young athlete stayed behind to match his best friend's pace, along with the tomboy's older brother.

"Ever since I told her about this meteor shower weeks ago, this is the only thing she thinks about..." Athena sighed.

"Yeah, well, you know how she is..." the young athlete replied. "When you give her something interesting, she'll stick with it for who knows how long."

"Yeah, it would look like it..." the young intelligent girl agreed.

"Don't worry about that..." Allen reassured the two. "She'll let it go in about a few days or so. It shouldn't be that long for her to find something new..."

"Let's hope so..." the young athlete responded. "I dunno if I can handle any more of Drista talking about space rocks."

After a minute of walking uphill, the four had made it to the top of the hill and they arrived just in time for the meteor shower to begin.

"Look, guys!" the young tomboy said, pointing to the night skies. "It's starting!"

As the rest walked up the hill, they looked up at the night sky and became enamoured.

"Woah... it's beautiful..." Athena spoke up.

"Yeah, it kinda is..." Dustin looked over to his best friend.

"I can tell you're looking at me..." the young intelligent girl looked at him. "Is something wrong?"

"Oh, uh... n-no, I'm fine..." the young athlete responded, looking away.

"Right..."

"Man, isn't this something..." the tomboy's older brother then walked up to his younger sister and pet her on the head. "You picked a good spot, Dris."

"Allen, don't do that..." the young tomboy moved away. "It's embarrassing, and my friends are here."

"Come on... just for a little bit?"

"No!"

"Alright, fine..." her older brother conceded. "Whatever you say..."

With that, the four sat down on the grass hill and continued to watch the meteor shower. The four watched in silence, until Dustin spoke up.

"Hey, you guys ever wondered what else is out there?" the young athlete asked.

"Are you asking if there's aliens out there?" the young intelligent girl asked, to which the athlete nodded. "Well, I guess there could be..."

"Aliens?" the young tomboy asked, gathering interest in their conversation.

"They're basically people that aren't from here..." Allen explained to his younger sister. "And by here, I mean Earth."

"That sounds cool!" the young tomboy smiled. "Can we meet them?"

"Maybe in the future, Drista..." the young intelligent girl responded. "But... I'm a bit nervous about that."